• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-9590 Sabertooth 2.0 PC shuts down at 69 degrees

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The mini usb is for Corsair software. Has nothing to do with the pump. And it, plugged in, just wasn't in the pic. I am going to try lowering the voltage IF it will stay up in bios long enough. A friend of mine who is running a 9590 with the stock cooler that AMD sent with it, is going to come by and try my chip in his machine and visa versa. His runs around 40c at idle and mid to hi 50s when gaming. With a single 120 rad plus other case fans. When I boot directly to bios, I have about 20 +/_ before it reaches the high 60s and shuts down. I'm going to gues it's a bad chip, but we'll find out this weekend and I'll update everyone. Thanks for the replies so far. Hope everyone has a great Holiday

I have an 8350 on a crosshair 5 in an air 540 with an all in one cooler albeit a 120x2 and it can hardly run at stock clocks under a heavy load for more than 30 minutes before it gets saturated and I have hella airflow.
to work my 9590 it takes a 4x120 to keep it tamed........
cut the voltage and clocks like johan said and give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

20 +/- seconds???????
my guess is the pumps dead or the protective plastic is still on the cooling plate.

good!!!!
start turning it down, with my 4x120 rad setup and a huge volume of water I reach saturation at about 30 minutes at a fixed 4.8 ghz clock, from there on out it sits between 60 to 65 degrees depending on room temp, as the house temp rises through the day I can watch the package temp rise right along with it and as it cools off through the evening and night it follows right along.
I have found most all in ones are not that much better than good air cooling, just a bit quieter and not suited to high heat cpu's for my uses.

this is after about 15 minutes, and it's cool tonight.
and with the sabertooth, you need a fan blowing on the vrm sink to keep it under control.

Attachments

• 95.PNG
    95.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 73
A friend of mine who is running a 9590 with the stock cooler that AMD sent with it, is going to come by and try my chip in his machine and visa versa. His runs around 40c at idle and mid to hi 50s when gaming. With a single 120 rad plus other case fans.

Not a chance in hell.
It's throttling and dropping cores to maintain those temps.

Isn't it the AIO that AMD was shipping with 8 cores FX? So then you can call it "stock"... But that doesn't really apply.

Back