• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx8370 oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pretty much what you and dustin said. I upped the vcore up a little, set my ram to 1.65 and set nb frequency to 2400. Just gatta get that damn socket temp down and I'll be happy

Try dropping CPU/NB to 1.25v and up CPU/VDDA to 2.65V, less temps and more stability on my setup.

AMD FX-8370, 4.7ghz (23.5 x 200)
CPU 1.408v/1.428v - CPU/NB 1.250v - CPU/VDDA 2.65V
NB 2600mhz / HT Link 2600mhz

Oops! Missed that in the middle of the first page of posts. With that motherboard high VRM temps and VRM related instability should not be an issue but certainly, fans blowing on that component would be a good idea.

Pretty much what you and dustin said. I upped the vcore up a little, set my ram to 1.65 and set nb frequency to 2400. Just gatta get that damn socket temp down and I'll be happy

I had a 20c reduction in vrm temps, and 3c in socket temps, just by putting a fan on my saberkitties vrm.

How do I check my vrm temps? It doesn't show up in HWMonitor

With Asus AI Suite, you don't need to install it. I was just trying to say that putting a fan, like many others have said, can have a huge impact on temps. Especially when you remove airflow to the area by replacing stock air solutions with liquid. In your case, if it were me, I think a fan on the vrm AND the back of the socket would be beneficial. Your temps aren't crazy out of control, but if you want to push further actively cooling those components could give you some more headroom.

Just an update -- Replaced the MSI Board (which the sound failed on too!) with the ASUS Corsshair Formula-Z. Re-ran the tests nothing is spiking CPU temps, most anything is pushing it 51c when running Haven Bench and Prime95 at the same time.

So there was defiantly some issues with the MSI Board.

MSI is known for their hot, so-so boards when it comes to AMD.

Back