• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED G.Skill RipjawsZ 4x8GB DDR3-2133 - F3-2133C9Q-32GZH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
From the short memory test series I have today G.Skill 32GB RipjawsZ quad channel kit.
As in the title it's F3-2133C9Q-32GZH so 4x8GB kit designed for X79 boards. I had it for couple of days and I thought that someone may be interested how it's performing and overclocking.

Since I had some issues with memory stability on the Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 board and I had limited time for tests, overclocking results were made on the Z77 platform so my ASUS MVG.
Memory is perfectly fine but for some reason Gigabyte board couldn't boot with any settings at DDR3-2133 or above also with one other kit.

All tests were made on i7 [email protected] CPU.
XMP screenshot taken from Maximus V Gene BIOS/UEFI as CPU-Z has sometimes problems to read XMP profiles.

XMP.jpg

There are two XMP profiles that are nearly the same. Depends from motherboard it can help to stabilize memory so if one profile isn't working then try the second one. On my Z77 boards all is running fine using both profiles.

pht1.jpg

box.jpg

pht2.jpg

There is also IC photo so you don't have to try it on your memory.
As we see here used IC is Samsung HCH9.

IC.jpg

Last edited:
XMP 2133 test

Declared 2133 settings are working flawlessly. As we see in the XMP table it's 2133 9-11-11-31 2T 1.60V. Motherboard has no problems to read these profiles and set all timings correctly.

2133.jpg

Performance is really good even without sub timings adjustment.

Last edited:
1866 tighter timings test

1866 is working perfectly fine at 8-9-9-26 timings and also ~1.60V. Raising voltage didn't help much to keep stability at tighter timings but for 32GB kit it still looks really good.

1866.jpg

2400 test

Maximum stable clock for tested RipjawsZ 32GB kit was 1200MHz/DDR3-2400 and quite tight timings 10-12-12-31 using the same ~1.60V as in other tests. Raising voltage above 1.7V didn't help in tighter timings or higher memory clock.

I think it's really good result if you are planning to use 32GB RAM.
Tweaking sub timings there is still chance to improve performance.

2400.jpg

All above settings have also passed memtest86+.

I've added couple of photos ( including IC photo ) to the 1st post.

Back