• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gateway GT5628 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supafiya

I'm trying to overclock an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz. I have the motherboard in the title, Gateway GT5628, or as it says in the bios, DG33SXG2.
There are no OC options in the BIOS at all whatsoever. I've never overclocked before, this will be my first time. Is there something I'm missing because I've googles a lot and there have been a lot of successful people overclocking the same chip, but I can find very little about the motherboard. Is there something I can do to the motherboard to unlock the settings so I can change them? or do I need a new motherboard, and if I do can anyone suggest something for my CPU?

Most likely you're stuck with what you have. You can give "throttlestop" a try. Or "setFSB". They're both software overclocking programs. Might work, might not..:shrug:

OEM boards usually have everything locked away. I had the same issue with my old Sony PC and my new Sony PC.

Back