• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
from what i have seen the game looks promising game play wise but I think it will still be a resource hog like gta iv for no good reason. Rockstar said it will be released on console first, then in a few months time ported onto the pc. They did that with gta iv and that went completely downhill... Game was (and still is) glitchy, and horribly optimised. Modern systems struggled more than they should have with gta iv. The game itself was fun, but it had lots of dirty code. So far it looks like GTA V will follow in its footsteps.

Yeah...I'm likely going to skip this GTA unless some of the BS that came with GTA 4 is absent. Specifically, if it requires Rockstar Social or Games for Windows Live, I will absolutely avoid. It pissed me off so much to have both of those crappy programs running. I had bought it through steam so I literally had 3 different sets of DRM running. I would rather stick a freaking needle in my eye than reward a company for showing such disrespect.

I'm highly interested in this. Though not sure what I'll do.. Get it for my X360 or if I'll wait to see how the next gen's perform then buy it. Tough call but leaning tward the X360 right now.

My interest is high in this game too, but not until it comes out for pc, which we still dont know about. But i do think they will port it, also to Xbox One and PS4.

I felt the need to resurrect this as I decide for/against pre-ordering for xbox 360. 2 Disk, one install/ One play (like forza)...

I'm playing GTA4 right now to help me decide. Really leaning towards getting it.

I can't wait for this game. GTA4, Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost and Damned were the best gaming package of the last 10 years in my opinion. If GTA5 comes out on PC I'll buy it the first day.

I'll definitely be getting it, been a fan of the series since the first game. But the money grab their doing on it... They're releasing on old consoles first, getting money from that, then once the new consoles launch they are releasing on that, I'm assuming around January - February. Then around that time or maybe May I'm guessing they will release on PC... It's quite the scheme but it's going to create much more revenue for them which I'm happy about because they're one of my favourite game developers.

Always waiting for PC.

I am a master at attrition, I have been waiting for Halo 3 PC for many years now lmfao.

Nope, not buying an Xbox, EVER, Micro$haft.

I can wait. Hopefully it'll be better optimized than GTA IV was for PC.

As for GTA Online, have you ever heard of All Points Bulliten: Reloaded? Basically already is a GTA Online.

Hmmm weird how the end only shows PS3/Xbox 360 logos.

Just saying....

PS4 or Xbox One isn't released yet. Curious though if this will be ready for launch on the new consoles. If it is, you would think a PC port would be close behind.

Back