• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I highly doubt GTA5 will make it to PC this year! PC versions of GTA have taken almost a year every previous game :(

edit: looked it up, last 3 games have taken 7 months between console & PC.

Last edited:
I highly doubt GTA5 will make it to PC this year! PC versions of GTA have taken almost a year every previous game :(

edit: looked it up, last 3 games have taken 7 months between console & PC.

On August 6, 2008 Rockstar Games officially announced that a PC version of GTA IV would be released on November 18th, 2208. The actual release for the PC was December 2, 2008. That announcement came only a little over 3 months after it was released for the PS3 and Xbox360.

I sold my 360 last year thinking nothing else good was coming out for it. :(.
I could be playing GTA V. But no. I must wait for the PC version and pray my GTX580 can handle it.

Great game so far only thing I hate it takes FOREVER to lose the police. I was doing a mission today (wont say which to avoid spoiler) but after the mission you are tasked with losing the cops with 3 star rating and you are on a jet sky. It took more 1 hour and 24 min and this is not counting failed attempts that took 30min on average.

I found it the best way if you are 3 star or higher wanted rating just die to avoid wasting time.

Find a spot with decent cover, even if it's in the middle of a crowded intersection, take out the pilot of the chopper, then you should be good.

Find a spot with decent cover, even if it's in the middle of a crowded intersection, take out the pilot of the chopper, then you should be good.

Interesting. Yeah 1 and 2 stars takes long enough as is but trying to loose 3 my only option was dying :)

As for that find that its great that cops pull others over and have shoot outs. Though even if the cop is killed by the bad guys, and you kill the bad guys they still come after you. Boo I just helped you fools.

People who don't own a console :mad:

Well just be grateful that it will come to the PC in due time.

I could be playing GTA V. But no. I must wait for the PC version and pray my GTX580 can handle it.

Thought about selling it as well, heck wasn't sure I'd get this but between this and the few games I do have right now at least it will tied me over til I decide what console to get... later on. Not going to get a first gen one as intended originally. If you do get a new console, im sure it will be on there first before it comes to the PC though.

Great game so far only thing I hate it takes FOREVER to lose the police. I was doing a mission today (wont say which to avoid spoiler) but after the mission you are tasked with losing the cops with 3 star rating and you are on a jet sky. It took more 1 hour and 24 min and this is not counting failed attempts that took 30min on average.

I found it the best way if you are 3 star or higher wanted rating just die to avoid wasting time.
You just have to find a spot with overhead cover to loose the helis, and just sit there till your wanted status disappears (and get far away enough from the police boats). I just played that mission lol, the jet skis gave it away :) My PS3 is mainly a Bluray player lol, GTA and Soul Caliber are the only console games I play on it.

Is it me or have I grown accustomed to PC games? I have it on PS3 and think the graphics are terrible. Is there like ZERO anti-aliasing?

Is it me or have I grown accustomed to PC games? I have it on PS3 and think the graphics are terrible. Is there like ZERO anti-aliasing?

Considering the console is very old I though the graphics look quiet good.

Then again, it is a very old system. Its not like you can run top notch stuff on here without it crawling. The next gen consoles will help out but the same thing will happen, they get old, dated, and eventually look like crap vs the PC with its 4k screens ;)

PS3 is incapable of anti-aliasing. Period. :shrug:

Very true, think the X360 did have AA requirement & 720p requirement but MS lifted that some years ago to free up resources for games. Since even Halo couldn't run at native resolution.

Though that being said its not like the system even has the memory to allow AA. Let me know of a game and OS that can use 512MB (X360) or 256MB System / 256MB GPU (PS3) that is graphically intensive.

Very true, think the X360 did have AA requirement & 720p requirement but MS lifted that some years ago to free up resources for games. Since even Halo couldn't run at native resolution.

Though that being said its not like the system even has the memory to allow AA. Let me know of a game and OS that can use 512MB (X360) or 256MB System / 256MB GPU (PS3) that is graphically intensive.

My F@H even takes more than 512MB :chair:

I spend about 90% of my gaming time on the PC and GTA V on PS3 looks great. I play on 55" LED sitting about 6' away and can hardly notice any pixelation. Rockstar did a great job of squeezing every last drop out of the console.

Only thing I can't get used to is aiming with the controller. I just can't.

You should see how bad BF3 looks on console, especially when you slap on a 12x scope on a sniper rifle, eeew jagged lines everywhere.

... still waiting for PC version of GTA5.

Mine has been sitting at my sister's place collecting dust, I dropped it off there along with a few other belongings when I was moving. I honestly don't miss it.

Back