• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help In Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey sorry that pic was not of the hw monitor running prime 95 in the background...
I ran it and got the following readings and I also over clocked it to 3.8 GHZ...

Attachments

• Snap 2012-07-16 at 21.59.35.png
    Snap 2012-07-16 at 21.59.35.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Snap 2012-07-16 at 21.59.58.png
    Snap 2012-07-16 at 21.59.58.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Snap 2012-07-16 at 22.00.13.png
    Snap 2012-07-16 at 22.00.13.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Snap 2012-07-16 at 21.54.49.png
    Snap 2012-07-16 at 21.54.49.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 86
So the image below is with four case fans and NO new CPU cooler and clocked to 3.8Ghz with Prime95 running in the background? Yes? Well it seems still evident that you need a much better cpu cooler since it is already too hot running Prime 95 in blend mode.

Right NOW you need to take manual control of Vcore and drop it/lower it. You should not need more than 1.3volts Vcore at only 3.8Ghz processor speed. Drop the Vcore and lower the temps some until you can do something about decent CPU cooling.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Warning: Stop your Overclock and stop running Prime95.

Your MB is for some reason pushing crazy voltage on your CPU which might have already deteriorated your CPU if not will (unless your HWMonitor is reporting it wrong, which i think is case).

On top of that.... Your Core temperature is dangerously high.

I am sorry to say....... You do not seem to listen much ..........
But look my previous post, i had written you,

"If you want to Overclock you need aftermarket CPU cooler"

Your stock or whatever you have now can not handle any overclock. Period.

Now: cool down and use another Hardware Monitoring software to check voltage. You can use Speedfan (not much reliable) or Open Hardware Monitor.

Last edited:
Min Vcore of 1.36V and Max Vcore of 1.44V will not really hurt your system. You would need voltages like that to get to 4.2Ghz or higher anyway, BUT temps are too too too dang high.

What I do not think is good and why I told you to manually drop Vcore to about 1.3Volts is that your CPU Temp of ~77c and your CPU Core Temps of 66c at 3.8Ghz with the current voltages is too too too much HEAT.

I would not continue to run that hot. I would do something if nothing but try and lower the voltage to the cpu or quit running the cpu that fast. And we know that your stuff is running way too hot. So quit running Prime 95 until you get the cpu cooler. No sense in stressing your parts for no reward. Simple. You need much better cpu cooling. :bang head

Min Vcore of 1.36V and Max Vcore of 1.44V will not really hurt your system. (I was refering to 3.25 as max which obviously is wrong and if you look in detail +3v min is shown 1.36v, +5v is 2.28v min and RAM volt max is shown 3.2. So I asked him to use other monitoring softwares, who knows what is exact volts or temps are????) You would need voltages like that to get to 4.2Ghz or higher anyway, BUT temps are too too too dang high.

What I do not think is good and why I told you to manually drop Vcore to about 1.3Volts is that your CPU Temp of ~77c and your CPU Core Temps of 66c at 3.8Ghz with the current voltages is too too too much HEAT.

I would not continue to run that hot. I would do something if nothing but try and lower the voltage to the cpu or quit running the cpu that fast. And we know that your stuff is running way too hot. So quit running Prime 95 until you get the cpu cooler. No sense in stressing your parts for no reward. Simple. You need much better cpu cooling. :bang head

Yeah, when we have been seeing one of those HWMonitor screens there have been situations where the voltages of the power supply and so forth have not been spot on. However everything else would be okay. That is how I considered his capture.

I don't trust speedfan as far as could heave it. On my personal rigs I use OpenHardwareMonitor since it too is freeware. There are of course paid for monitoring apps that do pretty good. I prefer OpenHWM since it shows the CPU speed as well. I mentioned it some months ago...but you know how it is in trying to get many to move to anything new.

At least most of us that help day in and day out are familiar with the HWMonitor quirks and that helps a lot when odd crap shows up.

And I still say and emphasize as you sir did, that he needs some 'good' cooling for SURE.

Yeah, I wouldn't take those max CPU vcore readings for real. They are probably just a momentary blurp when the software is just starting up. HWMonitor does that for me on some of my builds. More important is to watch the current value under stress. 1.44 is not extreme at all but with the stock cooler it's apparently producing too much heat. 66c max core temps are too high! Keep those between 55-60c even if it means having to back off the vcore and lower the overclock. And the CPU socket temp is either TMPIN1 or TMPIN2 which is also dangerously high with regard to the health of the CPU and motherboard components. Raj, when you come to the US to go to school, choose some place where the ambient temps are not high or where your computer lives in an environment with good AC.

Hey guys thank you very much for the Quotes...
I would like to mention two things over here,
1. I have purchased these desktop for home use only and no hardcore gaming, this pc is for my litlle sis and mom who are not so much into the computers...
I just want it to run cool and efficiently so that they do not encounter any problem in the future when I will be in US after 1 year..
Mom is gonna use this for video calling on skype to talk to me and sis for playing RON.. thats all and maybe sometimes watching serials..

2. After coming to US I am gonna have my own build, of course under the guidance of people like you.. That pc I am gonna make real hardcore...

Based on these two points I have decided that I am gonna buy two things,
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler along with Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6570 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card..
Cooler:-36.85$
GPU:-74.67$

OR

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler and Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM and Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card.
GPU:-47.45$
RAM:-31.26

What do you think...

Last edited:
Hey guys thank you very much for the Quotes...
I would like to mention two things over here,
1. I have purchased these desktop for home use only and no hardcore gaming, this pc is for my litlle sis and mom who are not so much into the computers...
I just want it to run cool and efficiently so that they do not encounter any problem in the future when I will be in US after 1 year..
Mom is gonna use this for video calling on skype to talk to me and sis for playing RON.. thats all and maybe sometimes watching serials..

2. After coming to US I am gonna have my own build, of course under the guidance of people like you.. That pc I am gonna make real hardcore...

Based on these two points I have decided that I am gonna buy two things,
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler along with Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6570 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card..
GPU:-74.67$

OR

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler and Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM and Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card.
GPU:-47.45$
RAM:-31.26

What do you think...

If that be the case,

Lower stress on your computer hardwares......... Drop any overclocking so far you have done...., Manually set your voltage a bit lower so temp stays within range even in hot summer. use cheapest way for videocard and save money.
FX 4100 doesnot need to be Oclocked for the intended purpose you just mentioned.
You just need a basic videocard, even the integrated videocard would serve the purpose if your MB has one.

If that be the case,

Lower stress on your computer hardwares......... Drop any overclocking so far you have done...., Manually set your voltage a bit lower so temp stays within range even in hot summer. use cheapest way for videocard and save money.
FX 4100 doesnot need to be Oclocked for the intended purpose you just mentioned.
You just need a basic videocard, even the integrated videocard would serve the purpose if your MB has one.

Yes my mother board has one I guess 512mb video card,, I just tried the FIFA12 on medium settings and 1280 X 768 resolution..It was ok.. not good not bad(Only on internal graphics)..
Introducing a 1 gb graphic card will do the work for me then I guess..
So what do you think is the second option right for me which includes another 4gb corsair ram in it..
Because with that graphic card I can play the mentioned games easily and with the extra RAM the pc will work more smoothly and at a fast rate and the cooler will increase the life of the CPU and keep it cool... So the overall build will be good for home pc right along with a good components llife..

I dont see the need of extra RAM at all, For me thats just waste of Money. GPU and aftermarket CPU cooler would be good improvement.

Hey sorry guys was busy in studies so couldn't keep posting...
I got myself a CM 212 evo along with sapphire 6570 hd radeon ddr3 GPU..
Both of them work very good no problem at all....
and the temp are reduced drastically...

Good to hear from you and to learn your system is happier now. Did the cooler fit without any problems in the case?

Hey sorry guys was busy in studies so couldn't keep posting...
I got myself a CM 212 evo along with sapphire 6570 hd radeon ddr3 GPU..
Both of them work very good no problem at all....
and the temp are reduced drastically...

Your studies have the best chance of paying off long-term. Keep it up. Glad the new parts have made your configuration a more happy camper.

RGone...ster. :chair:

Good to hear from you and to learn your system is happier now. Did the cooler fit without any problems in the case?

Yes the cooler fit into the case... But the installation was tricky and the thermal paste part was a bit difficult but overall I was happy to learn a lot of things...
Thank you guys for everything..

This is my new temp while running Prime 95 at OC of 3.8 ghz and 1.4375 V VCore..

Attachments

• Snap 2012-07-27 at 23.53.13.png
    Snap 2012-07-27 at 23.53.13.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 44
Wow, those temps are great but they are so good I wonder if the software reporting them can be trusted. I notice you are using "Open Hardware Monitor". I would check that against the "HWMonitor" most of us use for that on the forum.

Yes, the CM Hyper 212+ is not one of the easiest coolers to install.

Wow, those temps are great but they are so good I wonder if the software reporting them can be trusted. I notice you are using "Open Hardware Monitor". I would check that against the "HWMonitor" most of us use for that on the forum.

Yes, the CM Hyper 212+ is not one of the easiest coolers to install.

Hey I just overclocked the CPU to 3.9GHZ and the voltage at 1.4375V and ran the prime 95 for 1 hour... It ran all ok and all the test passed till then..
The result of both the HW monitor and the Open hardware monitor are as shown....
Can I get any help in running the GTA4 at good frame rate at this OC an it lags a bit during the Night scenario because of the shadow effect at 3.8 GHZ, but I have already reduced the all the settings to medium along with the shadows.....

Attachments

• Snap 2012-07-29 at 09.15.56.png
    Snap 2012-07-29 at 09.15.56.png
    21 KB · Views: 40
  • Snap 2012-07-29 at 09.02.15.png
    Snap 2012-07-29 at 09.02.15.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 39
Well, the two monitoring programs seem to agree closely about temps. That new cooler is really doing the job, huh! Looks like you have some room to overclock some more. The fram rate lag might be more due to GPU limitations than CPU limitations. Did you know you can overclock the GPU as well? You can do it with a program like MSI Aftburner.

In "Open Hardware Monitor" you can choose to show min values as well as other voltage parameters which is very helpful. I think its either on Option tab or on View tab.
Yes, Open Hardware Monitor is very nice program, only cons is it does not show individual core temps, but shows all core clocks.

Back