• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help In Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just called the service which provided me with the Graphic card, and will be talking with tech department soon...
Lets see if the product is faulty, and could I get a replacement for that..
I will let you know...
But this problem is consistent of increase in the fan speed gradually and then the computer screen gets blacked out...

Did you get any of those case fans installed yet? I remember you are running your system without any case fans......... right??

System can easily overheat without proper airflow.
First get at least one front intake and rear exhaust fan installed, then check the temp of CPU, GPU with ref to your HDD and MB.
HDD temp gives you some clear idea, how is your Case air flow is.

Ya I already have two fans installed one is at the top and the other is at side...
the top one is exhaust and the side one is intake.....
I will be adding two fans soon especially the front one...

Ya I already have two fans installed one is at the top and the other is at side...
the top one is exhaust and the side one is intake.....
I will be adding two fans soon especially the front one...

RAj,
side fan and top fans are really not enough......
Every system should have one front intake and rear exhaust.
BTW, did you check HWMonitor, what temp is it registering for CPU, GPU and your HDD???
Once you get front and rear fans installed, download and run GPU benchmarking/stressing tools like 3dmark or furmark and see what is your GPU temp goes upto??? it gives you some idea about your GPU FPS as well.

Hey guy's Will get the GPU replaced with in 5 days and then i will have a wallet balance of 6328/- in my account which i am having for the shopping...
Help me with something I have two options...
1. Go for the same card(which is out of stock right now, so have to wait don't know for how many days..)
2. Use that balance partially:-
Buy an CM 212 evo cooler along with some case fans and get a graphic card for 3500/-
I am suggesting these because I am not a hard core gamer and I just need these laptop to stay cool and mostly use this for videos and movies ..
The only game I will play is Fifa 12/RON/ and sometimes COD..
So suggest me a good graphic card in that range which should have a HDMI port and if possible it should be a ddr5 version..
What do you think about this card:-
Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card

Could you convert that to US dollars please? And where do you buy your parts? Do you buy them at a brick and mortar store or an online etailer? It can be very difficult to recommend parts for people living in other countries because prices and shipping and availability varies tremendously from one part of the world to the other.

In general, I would recommend focusing right now on upgrading your cooler and your case ventilation.

Could you convert that to US dollars please? And where do you buy your parts? Do you buy them at a brick and mortar store or an online etailer? It can be very difficult to recommend parts for people living in other countries because prices and shipping and availability varies tremendously from one part of the world to the other.

In general, I would recommend focusing right now on upgrading your cooler and your case ventilation.

Right now i have in my account:-
111 $

I would like to spend:-
Graphic card:- 61 $
212 Cooler:- 36 $
Remaining on two case fans:- 8.5 $ each..

You might want to hold off, save your money and buy a better graphics card. I'm thinking you will need to invest a $100 or so (US) for a card that you will not be disappointed in.

You might want to hold off, save your money and buy a better graphics card. I'm thinking you will need to invest a $100 or so (US) for a card that you will not be disappointed in.

Ditto,
you are not gonna like a card that you buy for $60. At least you wanna go with 6770 which here in US is around $100+. I see, it is more than Rs. 8000 on flipkart.com.
So, you better off buying 2 case fans and decent CPU cooler now and buy average GPU later on.

Let me see if I can make this very simple, since it is 5 pages now and we still cannot play a game or hardly can play a game and we are still chasing after too high temps. Even the new video card seems to have heat problms although it may just be a bad video card even though new and new things can be failed.

1. Now have two case fans and they are one top and one side. Poor choice of placement. Should have one in front for certain inputtting air and one in rear removing air.

2. Have Asus Radeon 6670 1Gb video card that came out of box with temperature issues OR so it seems. Could be poor poor case airflow. But you say you are getting that video card replaced under warranty? Is that correct?

3. You say this >>
Graphic card:- 61 $ <<< Not nearly enough to buy a video card better than a 'working' 6670 Radeon 1GB. The Asus card is overclocked to 880Mhz core vs the OEM core of 800Mhz. In Usd monies you would need at least $120/5 dollars to get just a small amount of performance increase over the overclocked Asus 6670 Radeon card.

212 Cooler:- 36 $ <<< Sounds like a most excellent idea to get better CPU cooling solution than stock.

Remaining on two case fans:- 8.5 $ each.. <<< Don't know where you intend to install 'more' fans but you surely need one in the front of the case blowing air into the case and one toward top-rear of the case pulling air 'out' of the case.

4. So get the new video card replaced under warranty.

5. You can use onboard video of the 880GM mobo until the new/bad video card is replace/repaired. Game with onboard video? Maybe not but you can still surf the net and keep up with the news.

6. Yes make sure you have a front in fan and rear of case out fan.

7. When the replacement video card arrives <<< begin again without any left-over thinking and see with better cooling if the system can then be made to perform adequetely with the parts you will then have in your case.

Thanks for the reply's guys but there is one small problem.. I guess you all have misunderstood some of my points...

1. The card was faulty that's for sure I confirmed it with the tech dept of theirs,
and it is supposed to be replaced but the item is out of stock and they don't guarantee me regarding the availability of it, so they issued me a balance of 111$ instead and asked me to use it to buy any product from there website in exchange..
2. So I have a total of 111$ in my account which I can spend..
3. I was asking you guys to split these amount among the 3 components Graphic card, CPU Cooler and case fans..
4. so what do you suggest should I buy the Cooler and the case fans first and wait for the graphic card for some more days till its available..
5. And the last point is that I have at the max only 111$ right now with me...
I just can't spend any more..

And Ya regarding Fans:-
I have right now installed two fans 1 is at the side and the other is at top.
I have ordered two more for the front and the rear..both of them are 90 CFM fans..
So I have a total of 4, I was asking you guys should I order any more fans (8.5$ each) for better cooling because I am left with 3 more fan options:-
1. At the bottom beside PSU
2. At the side(I have two side fan options)
3. At the top (I have two top fan options)

Last edited:
For my particular preference, I do n0t want any fans in side of the case. They blow oddly and can create turbulance like a cyclone and keep air away from the CPU cooler etc. In fact I think side fans are mostly a joke. I have seen some older styles that had a funnel effect that let air go straight down to an older lay-down style cooler and that was okay. But with a stand-up off the mobo cooler, I want a good fan in the lower front or upper front blowing directly at the cpu cooler and it blowing it's hot air at a fan in the rear of the case blowing the hot cpu air on out of the case.

So if you now have four fans make sure one is in front lower usually, and one in the rear for sure blowing out and for my part, you don't even need to put a side fan in at all. You can always try it with no side fan and even n0 top fan if the front and rear fans are "good" ones. I test any fan setup as I add a fan I check temps. Sometimes I have put extra fans in and must surely have created turbulent air where my cpu cooler could not get a good breath of cold outside air and temps went up. So I test before just "throwing" more fans into my case.

So save your money. Get the video card. $111.00 dollars is not going to buy much video card or just what you have already had and if you spend your money on a cooler and more case fans you are going to be better off to run the onboard video and wait until you can get at least as powerful a card as came to you 'failed'.

Thanks for the reply's guys but there is one small problem.. I guess you all have misunderstood some of my points...

1. The card was faulty that's for sure I confirmed it with the tech dept of theirs,
and it is supposed to be replaced but the item is out of stock and they don't guarantee me regarding the availability of it, so they issued me a balance of 111$ instead and asked me to use it to buy any product from there website in exchange..
2. So I have a total of 111$ in my account which I can spend..
3. I was asking you guys to split these amount among the 3 components Graphic card, CPU Cooler and case fans..
4. so what do you suggest should I buy the Cooler and the case fans first and wait for the graphic card for some more days till its available..
5. And the last point is that I have at the max only 111$ right now with me...
I just can't spend any more..

And Ya regarding Fans:-
I have right now installed two fans 1 is at the side and the other is at top.
I have ordered two more for the front and the rear..both of them are 90 CFM fans..
So I have a total of 4, I was asking you guys should I order any more fans (8.5$ each) for better cooling because I am left with 3 more fan options:-
1. At the bottom beside PSU
2. At the side(I have two side fan options)
3. At the top (I have two top fan options)

I am not familiar with your Particular Case (CM Elite 430) but this should be standard fan layout for optimum airflow.
Now, you have 4 fans total........ that should be enough. Leave Top exhaust fan as it is, take side fan out. Put 2 small fans (120mm are standard) as front intake and one as rear exhaust.
Get CM Hyper 212 plus/evo as CPU cooler. Install CPU cooler in such a way that 120mm CPU fan will blow straight to rear exhaust fan through fins.
Wait until you save about 50-60 more dollars (total would be around $120 then as you mentioned you will have $61 left after fans and cpu cooler) and buy decent GPU. you can buy HD 6770 for about $120 +-.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 29
Wait.......
I just checked CM Elite 430 comes with front 120 mm Blue LED fan, did you take that fan out and put it on top???

Cooling System
-Top: 120 mm fan x 2 (optional)
-Front: 120 mm blue LED fan x 1, 140 mm fan x 1 (optional)
-Rear: 80/90/120 mm fan x 1 (optional)
-Side: 120mm fan x 1 (optional)
-Bottom: 80/90/120 mm fan x 1 (optional)

This is the cooling options you have on this case. So, you better off one front intake, one rear exhaust and 2 top exhaust so cold air flow from front through CPU cooler and exit from rear and top.

Wait.......
I just checked CM Elite 430 comes with front 120 mm Blue LED fan, did you take that fan out and put it on top???

This is the cooling options you have on this case. So, you better off one front intake, one rear exhaust and 2 top exhaust so cold air flow from front through CPU cooler and exit from rear and top.

Yes that is what i exactly did, I removed the fan that came with the case and attached it to the Top side, because the fan is of less CFM and i thought i would install a more CFM fan that i have ordered(90 CFM)..
And I will wait till I get 120$ cash for the graphic card and I will upgrade with CPU cooler till then with the case fans...

And guys this is my Air flow of the cabin..

Attachments

• Web-430-02.jpg
    Web-430-02.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 29
Raj, I would not put a 92mm fan in the back of the panel. That is the most critical fan spot and ought to have 120mm fan.

Raj, I would not put a 92mm fan in the back of the panel. That is the most critical fan spot and ought to have 120mm fan.

I am going to install two 120 mm fans in the front and the back as soon as they come...

Got two new 120mm Fans for my desktop..
The temp have reduced drastically.. You can see it on the uploaded picture below..

Attachments

• Snap 2012-07-16 at 14.28.20.png
    Snap 2012-07-16 at 14.28.20.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 34
Is this image done with HWMonitor open on the desktop while you are stressing the cpu with Prime 95 in blend mode? If so what speed is the cpu running since you don't show the CPUz / CPU tab.

attachment.php

Now, your system doesnot have any heat issues for current setting.
If no Overclocking intended..... your existing cpu cooler would do just fine (may be little whinning noise on high load) & you can add saving towards new videocard.

Still, if you want to Overclock..... you need better aftermarket CPU cooler and that should be your next priority.
forFX Quads i think CM hyper 212 plus/evo should be good enough and are very reasonably priced.

Back