• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help In Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My geographic location is the northwest corner of the US. The specifics are below my avatar.

Oh it's cool...Getting that amount of speed and I guess at a very low rate also...
Its fricking ossom..I am also planning to come to US next year,,,
Hope plan becomes successful ...

Will you be visiting, going to school or working?

Coming for Masters degree in Automotive Engg...
I will complete the bachelors here in India by the end of these year...
And then will be coming over there in Fall next year...

What school will you be attending?

I havent decided the university yet,,
Waiting for the GRE test to be done with and then go for the University selection...
Any good University Suggestion for Automotive Would be welcomed... :)

OT a lot but this is your thread and not like we came into your thread and began talking OT.

I am sure this link does n0t show all the schools offering a MS in Auto Engineering but it had some interesting information as I read in the link.

List of Colleges Offering Masters in Automobile Engineering Programs

If you cannot find Automobile in MS, look for Mechanical Engineer with specialization in Automobile.

Look for universities near Car Manufacturing plants or State that has car manufacturing plant.

Michigan, Alabama (Benz), South Carolina (BMW) are just a few of such states.

Last edited:
OT a lot but this is your thread and not like we came into your thread and began talking OT.

I am sure this link does n0t show all the schools offering a MS in Auto Engineering but it had some interesting information as I read in the link.

List of Colleges Offering Masters in Automobile Engineering Programs

If you cannot find Automobile in MS, look for Mechanical Engineer with specialization in Automobile.

Look for universities near Car Manufacturing plants or State that has car manufacturing plant.

Michigan, Alabama (Benz), South Carolina (BMW) are just a few of such states.

Thanks a lot :thup:..That info was helpful and I want to tell you two things Specifically:-
1.I was planning for either of the three Michigan Universities...

2.Sorry to say but your link is i guess invalid because its not opening..:(

My google search string >> colleges offering masters in automobile engineering

At the link below which I have tried 4 times today, they have a button for Show Me Schools that lists quite a few more.

EDIT:
Tried link below after pasting in the forum and it worked. Humh?
End Edit.

http://education-portal.com/article...sters_in_Automobile_Engineering_Programs.html

Edit 2:
The link above is really the link from the other post as well. That link leads into a portal so the link may be valid for only a short time and that is why I gave you my google search terms since the link shows up towards the top everytime I use that google search string. Good luck.
End Edit 2.

Program Overview
Masters Degree in Automobile Engineering
Students can find master's degree programs in automotive engineering or focus on the field of study through a mechanical engineering program. A master's degree can typically be earned in two years. The degree often qualifies graduates to work in a number of positions in the automotive industry, including design engineering, management or technology research. Coursework includes mechanical and thermal design, internal combustion, manufacturing, business management and automotive electronics. A thesis, internship or capstone experience might be required.

List of Automobile Engineering Schools by Student Enrollment
College/University / Student Population / Institution Type
Ohio State University 55,014 4-year, Public
University of Michigan 41,674 4-year, Public
University of Louisville 21,016 4-year, Public
Clemson University 19,111 4-year, Public
Rochester Institute of Technology 15,445 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Michigan Technological University 7,136 4-year, Public
Lawrence Technological University 4,488 4-year, Private not-for-profit

Last edited:
My google search string >> colleges offering masters in automobile engineering

At the link below which I have tried 4 times today, they have a button for Show Me Schools that lists quite a few more.

EDIT:
Tried link below after pasting in the forum and it worked. Humh?
End Edit.

http://education-portal.com/article...sters_in_Automobile_Engineering_Programs.html

Edit 2:
The link above is really the link from the other post as well. That link leads into a portal so the link may be valid for only a short time and that is why I gave you my google search terms since the link shows up towards the top everytime I use that google search string. Good luck.
End Edit 2.

Program Overview
Masters Degree in Automobile Engineering
Students can find master's degree programs in automotive engineering or focus on the field of study through a mechanical engineering program. A master's degree can typically be earned in two years. The degree often qualifies graduates to work in a number of positions in the automotive industry, including design engineering, management or technology research. Coursework includes mechanical and thermal design, internal combustion, manufacturing, business management and automotive electronics. A thesis, internship or capstone experience might be required.

List of Automobile Engineering Schools by Student Enrollment
College/University / Student Population / Institution Type
Ohio State University 55,014 4-year, Public
University of Michigan 41,674 4-year, Public
University of Louisville 21,016 4-year, Public
Clemson University 19,111 4-year, Public
Rochester Institute of Technology 15,445 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Michigan Technological University 7,136 4-year, Public
Lawrence Technological University 4,488 4-year, Private not-for-profit

thank you really for your info...
It good to know the deatils.....

Hey guys I just installed my new graphic card today...
The installation went good but faced some problems on the later part...
1.the screen was on 1080p @ Hz and it was not occupying the whole screen so I scaled it to the maxi by using the scaling options... Is it fine ..
2. When I ran the Windows Index as it said me to refresh it then for some time everything was good and then on my screen some lines started appearing, and then it blacked out, I thought it is normal for assessment. but it didn't regain on itself..I had to shut down the whole system and power it on again...Is there a problem???
3. When the system was blacked out the fan of the graphic card was so noisy that I was totally shocked...
I am having zero clue of what's going on!!!
4. I Tried Playing Fifa 12 on the Pc The graphic were Damn Good, but i did put it on 1920X1080 Resolution i.e. the resolution of my screen..Should i play
at lower resolution.. is my card unable to play that high resolution..
5.When I played Fifa 12 the card used to go out of limits in temp like above 100(on asus Utility software) and 47(on Hw monitor) I don't know why and that too in a chilled AC room..
While my other temp on Hw monitor are up to 25-30..
HELP GUYS.....

Last edited:
Lines on screens and then going to total black screen without returning to normal video without reboot is not good.

1. Is additional power connector on the video card and is it connected to the correct power supply lead?

2. Sounds like the video card was getting hot when it was pushed hard in testing. BUT you say the fan on video card sounds very loud like it is adjusting itself upwards in speed to try and take care of rising temperature.

Lines on screens and then going to total black screen without returning to normal video without reboot is not good.

1. Is additional power connector on the video card and is it connected to the correct power supply lead?

2. Sounds like the video card was getting hot when it was pushed hard in testing. BUT you say the fan on video card sounds very loud like it is adjusting itself upwards in speed to try and take care of rising temperature.

Is power Supply needed for this card:-asus 6670 1gb ddr5
I havent connected any....

According to this user review, it does not require external power. If it did you would have a connector along the top or back edge of the card for a six pin cable coming from the PSU.

Attachments

• Power.JPG
    Power.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thanks 'trents' man. I tire a little from us having to look everything up. But I am getting some rain on my corn so maybe will be a decent harvest.

According to this user review, it does not require external power. If it did you would have a connector along the top or back edge of the card for a six pin cable coming from the PSU.

So what do you think is the problem...I have no idea...
For example:- I tried playing Fifa 12, as soon as the game started its fan speed started increasing like hell and making loud noises..
The graphic were to good but couldn't start a game also..Just before it minimized the window and started saying that GPU is overheating..
1 more thing I would like to add is that I made the settings in the catalyst controller to 1080p should I reduce it...

Your video card is modest in it's capability. You definitely will need to adjust the resolution and the detail of your gaming to match the capability of the card. That is always the case.

Do you think that something is wrong With my card why is it overheating so much easily...
It wont play the youtube videos also and it crashes down and then a blue screen appears saying that your computer is shut down to prevent any damages to the hardware...

YouTube videos shouldn't make much demand on your video card at all. That's more of a CPU intensive task. Have you installed the CPU and GPU "gadget" meters on your desktop? If not, you should do that so you can see visually how much of your CPU and GPU processing capability is being taxed as well as the temp they are reaching.

Did you ever get those extra case fans yet?

I just called the service which provided me with the Graphic card, and will be talking with tech department soon...
Lets see if the product is faulty, and could I get a replacement for that..
I will let you know...
But this problem is consistent of increase in the fan speed gradually and then the computer screen gets blacked out...

Back