• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me for Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arcanegrinarc

Hello Guys, I'm a new member just joined needed some help wanted to ask how should i overclock my cpu and my gpu
first of all i dont have any extra cooling system at all not even cabinet fans im going to buy it soon...
My Pc Config :
8GB Ram
2GB Saphire Ati Radeon HD 5450
Amd Anthlon x2 II 260
500GB Harddisk
450W powersupply
Gigabyte 78lmt-s2pt

i'm a total noob in overclocking if you guys could help me to overclock my pc till i buy a new processor but about that later please help me here..!!
how shud i overclock ive changed the bus memory in bios to 240 but the multiplier keeps on varies from 4x to 16x...
So if you could help me to overclock both my cpu and gpu please please please help me im using amd overdrive wid nomal auto tune cuz if i keep 700mhz and 900mhz to its max in amd overdrive the graphic drivers will crash while im playing games...
and please help me what shud i do

Here is a good start:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023

OC'ing is the same for the Athlon as for the Phenom II non BE (locked multi).

For the GPU, download MSI afterburner.

Up the GPU freq and then th VideoRam clock by 5 MHz increment until you reach unstability (running 3dmark vantage for 20/30 mins).

Thnx bro and even sorry i cudnt understand you :((

my Ram is 2x4GB EVM 1333 DDR3

Last edited:
It's like a textbook. If you don't understand it at first, then take a small break, come back, and read it again. Maybe open the guide up on a laptop so you can look at your BIOS options at the same time and start to make connections.

It's like a textbook. If you don't understand it at first, then take a small break, come back, and read it again. Maybe open the guide up on a laptop so you can look at your BIOS options at the same time and start to make connections.

Sorry but i dont have a laptop i just have a desktop only :(

You certainly need to add what brand and model of computer case you are using. Most especially so since you say this in your very first post >> "first of all i dont have any extra cooling system at all not even cabinet fans im going to buy it soon..."

I read that to say you do not have nay case fans. IF that is the actual way things are, then I doubt any of us would try and help overclock something when it is very likely that heat will be too great and have too much of a chance to cause failures in windows at the least.

If you guys want i could even upload bios images and my cpu and gpuz and amd overdrive images

No, a guide was given to you. If you don't understand it you need to hit google to look up the terms that are unclear to you. We are more than willing to help, but we aren't going to hold your hand through this. Overclocking has inherent risks associated with it, so it's a bad idea to jump in unless you understand exactly what you are doing. If you have specific questions about the guide, then we could help.

And as Rgone said, if you don't have case fans, the heat inside of your case must already be pretty high - overclocking wouldn't be a good idea until you get some fans.

No, a guide was given to you. If you don't understand it you need to hit google to look up the terms that are unclear to you. We are more than willing to help, but we aren't going to hold your hand through this. Overclocking has inherent risks associated with it, so it's a bad idea to jump in unless you understand exactly what you are doing. If you have specific questions about the guide, then we could help.

And as Rgone said, if you don't have case fans, the heat inside of your case must already be pretty high - overclocking wouldn't be a good idea until you get some fans.

Ok Sir, So What Do You Suppose i should Buy for cooling my Budget is 50$-60$

We'll need to know what case you have.

As a side note, you'll probably want to replace your power supply as soon as you have the money. Cheap power supplies can send large amounts of voltage ripple to your component, which may affect overclocking stability and potentially be harmful in the long term.

Well, if indeed you have zero case fans, the first thing you should spend your money on is some 120mm fans for intake and exhaust. What case do you have?

Well, if indeed you have zero case fans, the first thing you should spend your money on is some 120mm fans for intake and exhaust. What case do you have?

i Just Hve a normal Odyssey Case..!! i got it for 1000 BUKS INR power supply included
i really dont know much about cases and fans all i want is to play games without lags as im playing black ops on my pc on low it lags sometimes i dont want that....
i'm gng to change my processor soon and i also want some advice that shud i go for FX8150 or FX8120 or FX4100 i've a budget till FX8150 only for processor and for cooling unit i could spare more and i just saw on flipkart.com that cabinet fans are costing me 500 INR with nice LEd light so i'm going to buy that one and i've also heared that there are liquid cooling stuffs idk what they are but if you could tell me whats the best then its great i cud use around 15k INR

Note, I wouldn't overclock at ALL until you replace that power supply.

A case+PSU for $17 is just asking for trouble.

Normal odyssey case doesn't tell us anything. We need a model number, photos, a link to the manufacturer page, etc?

Note, I wouldn't overclock at ALL until you replace that power supply.

A case+PSU for $17 is just asking for trouble.

Normal odyssey case doesn't tell us anything. We need a model number, photos, a link to the manufacturer page, etc?
I Seriously Dont Know That Can You tell me which power supply should i buy budget 50$

Again, I could give you a bunch of PSUs but I have no clue what's available where you live. We need a link to a store that you're buying from.

If it's available, Antec Earthwatts, Corsair CX, Seasonic, XFX, NZXT, Silverstone, some OCZs.

Here is a list of the bets PSUs: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589708

For your case, we'll at least need you to take a picture of it for us or tell us how many fan slots it has, where they are located, what size, and about how wide the case is (we need that to tell you how big of a cooler you can get).

Back