• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me for Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FX-8120, but make sure that its compatible with your motherboard. Also note that those CPUs run really hot so you need a really expensive cooler to OC those.

We have no clue what size fans fit in your case.

FX-8120, but make sure that its compatible with your motherboard. Also note that those CPUs run really hot so you need a really expensive cooler to OC those.

We have no clue what size fans fit in your case.

Hmmm ill post a Pic of my Case Rite away so it might help you guys and yes my motherboard supports AM3+ and FX8120 is AM3+

Gotcha, should be fine.

Btw, if you're looking to increase gaming performance, you probably want a new GPU, not a new CPU.

CPU performance does matter, but games rely more on the GPU than the CPU.

Get this, and save the rest for a CPU cooler and fans to overclock your CPU: http://www.flipkart.com/evga-nvidia...FH2B&ref=9e3eb2ec-04e7-469f-8a2a-b194b498c9e0

You'd also want this PSU instead of the one I said before: http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmp...M4GH&ref=f35806b6-d8f9-4dc3-90bc-d2cf3f53effb

I wud prefer a 2GB graphic card cuz i dont want in future problems for like 2-3 years and bro can you send me ur email id there's something wrong with my internet today im getting very slow speed so icant upload the picha's whats your email id?

Attachments

• IMG026.jpg
    IMG026.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG027.jpg
    IMG027.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG029.jpg
    IMG029.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG030.jpg
    IMG030.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG031.jpg
    IMG031.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG032.jpg
    IMG032.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Even if you send me an email you still have to upload it as an attachment...it's not going to be any faster. Might as well upload it to the forums so everyone can see.

GPU power matters more than amount of vRAM. I only know of one game that uses more than 1GB of vRAM at 1080P, and that's at near max settings, which the GPU won't be able to play at anyway (Battlefield 3). There really aren't any good 2GB cards at your price range. You'd need to go up to a 7850 for that, which is double what you want to spend.

Even if you send me an email you still have to upload it as an attachment...it's not going to be any faster. Might as well upload it to the forums so everyone can see.

GPU power matters more than amount of vRAM. I only know of one game that uses more than 1GB of vRAM at 1080P, and that's at near max settings, which the GPU won't be able to play at anyway (Battlefield 3). There really aren't any good 2GB cards at your price range. You'd need to go up to a 7850 for that, which is double what you want to spend.

Hmm so i need to play at low graphics battlefield 3?

I'd suspect that with a GTX465 you'd be able to play it at medium-high settings, just not ultra settings.

I can't tell from the pictures, is there a spot in the front of the case for an intake fan?

As you can see on the back, it has holes to mount 3 different sizes of fans. I'd guess that those holes are for 80mm, 92mm, and 120mm fans, so you'll probably want to get a 120mm fan: http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-mast...MYF4&ref=60b6607e-66e1-4924-bc2b-5cfdc018d8e4

I'd suspect that with a GTX465 you'd be able to play it at medium-high settings, just not ultra settings.

I can't tell from the pictures, is there a spot in the front of the case for an intake fan?

As you can see on the back, it has holes to mount 3 different sizes of fans. I'd guess that those holes are for 80mm, 92mm, and 120mm fans, so you'll probably want to get a 120mm fan.

So Which Fan?
http://www.flipkart.com/computers/c...0284?ref=66a94879-1056-45d3-bb6c-bd83682315e5

Case fans aren't anything special, the cheap fans work well enough. Get one for the back and one for the front if there's place to put an intake fan.

Back