• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with stabilizing and overclocking my Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, we're 65 posts in, not sure which way it up at this point.

If i was you, I'd update my bios and drivers all around and see if that helps. If not, consider a fresh installation of Windlws and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then you need to start swapping parts out. Maybe try the onboard video card and see if it freezes.

Hard to troubleshoot when your freezes are days/weeks apart.

Well, we're 65 posts in, not sure which way it up at this point.

If i was you, I'd update my bios and drivers all around and see if that helps. If not, consider a fresh installation of Windlws and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then you need to start swapping parts out. Maybe try the onboard video card and see if it freezes.

Hard to troubleshoot when your freezes are days/weeks apart.
i don't think is a gpu problem, i changed about 3 gpu and problem remain
could be a usb device problem?

i don't think is a gpu problem, i changed about 3 gpu and problem remain
could be a usb device problem?
No clue, bud. Remove any USB devices you have and check if you think that's the case.

The board could just be crapping out.... it could be a cable on a SATA drive...it could be a bad windows OS.....it could be anything at this point.

As I said, fresh WIndows install and see if the problem goes away would be my next step.

No clue, bud. Remove any USB devices you have and check if you think that's the case.

The board could just be crapping out.... it could be a cable on a SATA drive...it could be a bad windows OS.....it could be anything at this point.

As I said, fresh WIndows install and see if the problem goes away would be my next step.
i saw that when there are these freezes also happen to lost the data settings of application or the save of game i'm using while freeze
what this could mean, ram? cpu? mb?

hese freezes also happen to lost the data settings of application or the save of game i'm using while freeze
I mean, if you freeze, of course it's not saving anything... not sure what you're saying here...
that information doesn't seem helpful.

Have you done any troubleshooting?

run memtest (for memory)?
remove USB sticks/hubs?
update your bios and drivers?
used the integrated graphics instead?
reinstalled windows?

We've suggested quite a bit of things to try...................but you seem to be ignoring it. Until you go through those suggestions, or perhaps others have additional ideas, I'm spent here. Repeating symptoms without any effort on your end isn't getting us anywhere.

I mean, if you freeze, of course it's not saving anything... not sure what you're saying here...
that information doesn't seem helpful.

Have you done any troubleshooting?

run memtest (for memory)?
remove USB sticks/hubs?
update your bios and drivers?
used the integrated graphics instead?
reinstalled windows?

We've suggested quite a bit of things to try...................but you seem to be ignoring it. Until you go through those suggestions, or perhaps others have additional ideas, I'm spent here. Repeating symptoms without any effort on your end isn't getting us anywhere.
Let me explain better, it happened that when there were these freezes, I totally lost the save of a video game I was playing

Let me explain better, it happened that when there were these freezes, I totally lost the save of a video game I was playing
:grouphug:

Back