• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I get this motherboard out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Got this old thing from my brother's girlfriend. Got the cpu out. It's only a pentium 4, but it's somethin. Now how the heck do I get this motherboard out? Here are some pics.

Attachments

• mb.jpg
    mb.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 72
  • mb2.jpg
    mb2.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 76
  • mb3.jpg
    mb3.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 80
  • mb4.jpg
    mb4.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 71
the bit you will need is called a torx bit, looks like torx, t20 to me.
if they will not undo, you will have to grill them out.

You should be able to bend the tabs of the trays away from the brass pins. The whole motherboard should then slide down and pick up with the scores and pins stl attached. After it is out you should be able to seperate the screws and pins but you might need a pair of pliers to hold the pins from turning.

Green thumb screw in the middle next to agp slot first, then slide the board toward the front of the case... Takes me way back and I'm showing my age lol

Got everything out and installed it in an old emachines case. Not sure but it wouldn't boot. The motherboard had a green light on it so I don;t think it's the PSU or motherboard. I know the hdd I used works. Only other things I can think of is the cpu or ram.

Is this the one?

Are you talking about the one I pointed out in this picture with the blue arrow?

Attachments

• mb31.jpg
    mb31.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 37
Definately gonna need some torx bits/wrenches. and pliers. Or some C4

-anyway-

As for the problem, even if you get a green light, chances could still be something wrong with the board where it cant even beep probably due to the bad capacitor. maybe something else.

Back