• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot is your room?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How hot is your room

• more than 40°C (104°F+)

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • 35-40°C (95-104°F)

Votes: 22 6.9%
  • 30-35°C (86-95°F)

Votes: 53 16.6%
  • 25-30°C (77-86°C)

Votes: 124 38.9%
  • less than 25°C (-77°C)

Votes: 111 34.8%

• Total voters
I voted 25 - 30 but it could have been more hear during the day.
Role on hotest week of the summer!

edit:
ok yesterday was just insain. i had to move my pc down stairs to use it. it would run for about 5 minutes with out crashing.
its cooler down hear. i can have my fans on slow and my case temp is less than what it was upstairs with them on fast. (slow is about 5-6 volts i use pwm so its bersts of 12 volts so i cant realy tell what the voltage is.)

Last edited:
I'm have my air conditioning set at 74F. it used to be at 68F but i felt i was not letting my body get used to the outdoor higher temperatures. I liked it at 80F my systems didn't!

Well, try to post your actual temperatures (mid summer). This question is geared more to the room were your pharm is located (most of use have their farm in their bedrooms) but other have a dedicated room for all of their machines :D

Hot summer so far. Temps running 96-102*F
Regulated A/C with 4 temp variations:
8am=76*F
5pm=75*F
9pm=72*F (I like it cooler when I sleep)
1am=71*F (Temps outside drop - so does A/C)
My computer room has french doors with the thermostat mounted right outside the entrance. I had it set 70-74*F but that was a couple of months ago when the outside temps were only in the 80's. PC's like it better when the room is <72*F. I have had to back two systems OC down by 50 and 100Mhz. Heat problem - Lock ups in the late afternoon.

My A/C runs almost 24/7 during the summer months to keep my computer room about 75°F with 2 Athlon's and a Duron in there.

No ac in the house- I despise ac :)

Of course, I am not fond of high temperatures either but.....;)
I'm just a chronic malcontent:D

I watercool heavily and my Farm is in my cellar (25-30c) so my rigs are all doing ok- highest cpu temp: 44c.

I'm lucky enough to have a good, fairly new central a/c. We keep it at 75*F. (about 23*-24*c) It warm's up a little in the late afternoon when the sun hit's the front of the house. (I live in South FLA)
Good insulation and a well sealed house keep's the electric bill reasonable.

Home office is in the basement with 4 Athlons residing there. A/C set at 70. Temp in the basement is probably in the low 60's.

...and I LOVE IT!!!

Most of my equipment is in the basement. It's probably about 70 down there. I have a couple of machines at the office - bout 72 there most of the time.

LOL - good question. A basement is almost like "free" space in a house. If your land has enough gradient in the right direction you might as well have one. Of course they usually have issues like water drainage, but they can be handled if done properly from the start. Certainly is a good place to keep a farm - you don't hear the noise, stays cool, and stays out of the way.

Well Here in the cold north - I have never even seen anybody with ac! Actually 25 degrees is pretty hot for us.

Some people say that danish, finnish, norweigan and swedish people have elefant-skin. (it´s that thick)

when i used to have 8+machine sitting in the room, i had see room temp hit (mobo temp according to MBM5 since it's not inside a case and sitting on a shelve) 42-44C :mad: in summer day!!! and still around 38C at night!! and that was one of the main reason for me to re-do my whole farm (since May) w/ less machine but keep the same amount of WUs. oh, it was when the AC is ON!!

right now, it's a nice 32-34C in the room that my phram at. :cool:

That takes me back to my earlier days when I had 4 single machines, 2 P3 duals, 1 quad xeon server, and 1 quad ppro server, all in my upstairs home office. Not only was the noise incredible, but it was often 95F+ with the AC running full time. Didn't take me long to work on that arrangement!

3 machines in the dinning room. A/C thermistat is located there, temps run between 73F to 78F. Old Okie shack, warped floors, little insulation and big time electric bill....

psy

Back