• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot is your room?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How hot is your room

• more than 40°C (104°F+)

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • 35-40°C (95-104°F)

Votes: 22 6.9%
  • 30-35°C (86-95°F)

Votes: 53 16.6%
  • 25-30°C (77-86°C)

Votes: 124 38.9%
  • less than 25°C (-77°C)

Votes: 111 34.8%

• Total voters
there must be some tough folks here!!!! living in none a/c space in a 1st or 2nd world conurty??? how??? I dont get it,,, guess im spoiled.... i dont a/c the house to make my puter world better,,, but to make me better... how can one not have a a/c space and have puters??? what am i missing???

My house is 20 years old and does not have a central air system. We heat with baseboard electric heaters in the winter and cool with fans & open windows in the summer.

I'm right on Lake Ontario, so I do get some lake effect that helps to cool the house during the summer and warm it during the winter, but it's at best maybe 3-4*C difference versus living away from the lake.

Some of us aren't exactly lucky enough to have central air. :()

PS. I'm in the basement too... and it's 30-35*C down here.

I'll find out how hot.

Late last fall I finally got settled in my new place and dedicated a small room to my computers. I'm running 4 PC systems in here and with the door closed it can get pretty hot. I haven't been through a summer yet here so I don't know how much hotter it can get, but I do have central air if I need it.

I'm about to add a 5th system this May. I tend to watch the electric bill more than I watch the temp. :-/

my room is way to hot i got 4 computers running at one time like a sonna...

but when the parents are away i crank up the ac and cool my room to a pleasent 65 degrees but then they come home and turn it off...

Unless it's the thick of winter or I have AC (and I don't) I keep my window wide open so it's about the same temp inside as it is outside in the shade with a breeze. I voted 25-30C though. In the winter somtimes I open up the window for a little fun and low temps:D

I just moved into a different house with some college buddies, and the ambient temps here are just insane. It ninety outside today, and my CPU is running 10c hotter than at my other house. BAH!

MY PC room also houses a 75 Gallon and 125 Gallon fish tanks that stay at 80 Degrees, and a 55Gallon Terrarrium that stays around 90 degrees, a 5' rack full of pro and semi-pro audio gear, and a 27" Sony Trinitron.

My room fluctuates between 72 and 82 with the AC on full blast. Pretty miserable on hot days...

I keep a fan pointing twards my PC to improve circulation and remove the stagnant exauhst that tends to build up behind the PC case and the wall...

Later :cool:

I'm in a college dorm, so the cooling sucks. However, I did find that the intake for the AC is right under the outlet, so putting a fan in front of it and blowing the cooler air into the room instead of into the intake lowered to temp almost 3 degrees.
Almost forgot, the temp before was around 25 and after the fan it is about 21-22. (All temps in are of course in Celsius)

Last edited:
I'll have to post some pics of my new lab soon. Its still mostly empty but I will be filling it up and getting back to full time crunching soon. I guess now is a good time to get a reference temp before al the rest of the systems get fired up. :)

Cy

Average temps Have been 27c But the usuall British summer has just resumed it's started to rain & the temps are dropping 23c now

18 Celsius all the time

<3 canada temperatures here are so stable throughout the day.

This is where i get to laugh at the people who live in texas and what not rofl :p

Thermo said:
18 Celsius all the time

<3 canada temperatures here are so stable throughout the day.

This is where i get to laugh at the people who live in texas and what not rofl :p

LOL! Stable? Last Thursday, we went from sunny and 34*C with the humidity to 14*C, thunderstorms, hail and a torrential downpour of rain in a matter of 15 minutes.

Turned out to be an F1 Tornado that blew through here Canada Day. Took down trees, knocked out power, ripped windows off houses and flooded the roads. Damned hail cracked my bathroom skylight window. :)

Back