• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot is your room?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How hot is your room

• more than 40°C (104°F+)

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • 35-40°C (95-104°F)

Votes: 22 6.9%
  • 30-35°C (86-95°F)

Votes: 53 16.6%
  • 25-30°C (77-86°C)

Votes: 124 38.9%
  • less than 25°C (-77°C)

Votes: 111 34.8%

• Total voters
Swamp cooler keeps it in the mid 80s (30°C) but I'm installing a 8kBTU window unit in my bedroom so the wife can have some relief from the heat this summer. I plan on keeping it in the 25°C range in there. This is also where my Xeon duallie main rig resides. I may have to pull her P4 Shuttle in there too as it's the hottest PC in the house. My DH800 Xeon duallie is the coolest and quietest computer in the house. (air cooled)

SunRedRX7 said:
OUCH! At that point I'd invest in some Air Conditioning.

Yeah i spoke about it with my dad, may happen later this summer.

I can really live with the sun and the temp but overclocking is nearly impossible.

Dk Jedi Allianc said:
Its about this time of year....Here we go again (rolling on third year)

Room: 23*C
CPU: 43*C

Hell yeah. It's 23:30 in the evening and i'm still looking at a room temp of over 25 celcius. Been 40+ in daytime already and it's early may!

I have my comps sitting in one room... which sits on the second floor behind the foyer which is a MASSIVE greenhouse. The house's AC has no effect on temps, and im frequently over 95 F durring the day in summer time.

President Bush doesn't believe there is any global warming problem; neither does Vice president Cheney.

Our silicon knows the truth of the matter :rolleyes:

In response to Mictlan's post almost a year ago :D
photo02-film.jpg

Damn today is a hot one. Gotta be close to pushing 35c here in Hawaii... Well no, 35c here in my room with 5 computers running. As soon as you step into the room you can feel the change in temperature.

I'm gonna pick up some dryer ducts and vent my computers exhaust out a window.

Last edited:
Lol nice thread resurrection. :)
Temps are around 20C here in Croatia, yesterday there was an lightning storm here so I had to shut down my 3 systems @ home for an hour and, man was it quiet :) Im used to hear noise from the fans all the time.
My 630 Prescott has full load temps around 48C now with Zalman @ full speed. Im already scared to even think about what will happen when outside temp will be 35C lol.

I voted "less then 25 degrees". My computer is in the basement. It's normally cooler then 77 degrees, but it will get up to 80 during the middle of summer, but it's still pretty cool down there.

I have my computer in the western end of the house, and has 5 windows, but I never let it get above 75-80, becuase I just feel miserable if I do. As I type this, its 64 in here :D

Voted under 25ºC but I suspect it will heat up during the summer. Its a good thing that I won't have to worry about it. My comp will just be folding away all summer while I'm visiting my friends in the US.

currently, my room is 68-77 (ish), but I voted for 77-86 (25-30) b/c within a couple weeks that's what it will be for sure... if not, MORE! My room is the hottest room in the house, with or without a PC. I'm the upstairs corner room in my house, and we have a basement and 2 floors, as well as a sauna of an attic right above me!

eaglescouter said:
I've finally done it. The whole house air conditioner cannot keep up with the heat produced by my SETI farm. Yesterday with the AC running, the SETI room was at 90F

Something has to change, somehow.....
Build a new farm with core-duo or Conroes :p

Back