• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot is your room?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How hot is your room

• more than 40°C (104°F+)

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • 35-40°C (95-104°F)

Votes: 22 6.9%
  • 30-35°C (86-95°F)

Votes: 53 16.6%
  • 25-30°C (77-86°C)

Votes: 124 38.9%
  • less than 25°C (-77°C)

Votes: 111 34.8%

• Total voters
With 90F+ Degree weather last week and no air conditioning and having my room being built outta part of the attic, It is very miserable up in my room. that is where my 2.4 is located.

In late spring I replaced the stock cooler with one that dropped my cpu temp by about 4c. But this summer heat is pushing the limit on my only operating cruncher. Over the course of a day the cpu temperature rises slowly from 48c to 57c under load and overnight I open all the windows and crank up the fans which cools the processor back down to 48c in the early morning. Its gotten to the point where this week I have been shutting down my computer at noon cause the seti times become rediculus when the thermal throttling kicks in at about 59c.

Of course it probbally woulden't get that hot if i wasen't trying to do a little gaming and 3d rendering and mp3ing and setiing at the same time:D

Unfortunately my farm is now in a non-A/Ced area and is extremely hot. I voted 95-104 but certainly has the potential to tip the 104 barrier:(

25C - 30C here. Though durring this summer, I've had to go through some really high temps. And with no air conditioning to boot :eek: Keep them windows open!!!

I wish we had AC :D
JigPu

to hot, at this time 28 Degrees, my main Cruncher an P4 2.6 at 2.8 at this time 58 Degrees, i should down the rest of my Rigs

it it to HOT here in Germany

regards
Sir Ulli

VERY HOT, even with the patio doors open and a fan blowing
cold air from the freezer.

---------------------------
Proud Member Of TPR

I feel so badly for my friends in the UK, so many have to suffer without air conditioning. Few people in air conditioner stores have the slighest idea how to make a home comfortable. I'm sure the percentage in the UK is even lower. Here are a few of my thoughts. I hope they are helpful.

To get through it I always leave the windows tightly closed, even when the air conditioning is off. This helps keep the humidity out which is 90 percent of the problem. I have three dehumidifiers which run all of the time. I have to empty each of them twice a day. The air conditioners are set to make the room tolerable. They are on even if we are away for vacation. I put a dehumidifier or two by a sink so it can drain without filling up.

This way the fish don't boil, the computers don't catch fire and the dehumidifiers are able to keep up with the humidity

I have a big old ramshackle house. I have window unit air conditioners which are uncommon here except in older apartment buildings and houses without forced air heat.

Humidity builds up in the carpets, furniture, clothing, etc. If you can keep it under control you will always be comfortable. Ever felt cold and clammy? That is the worst and caused by too much humidity. Going from cold and clammy to humid outside is what makes people feel so lousy and sick in the summer.

My best suggestion to survive this heat is. Keep your windows closed. turn on one window air conditioner preferably a smaller one at the highest point in the house. One, the cool air will fall to lower portions and two if it's too small to cool the entire area it will be forced to run 24/7. That is good as it will remove the most moisture for the electricity used. If you have a basement, invest in a dehumidifier.

I hope everything turns cool soon.

Last edited:
OK temps !!!

Here in sweden we have nice summers with up and about 25 - 30 celsius. But the heat stays from early june to mid august if we are lucky !!!...
I have my farm in a separate house with no a/c ...yet...
The temp in summer is about 30 celsius but from october to mid april it runs around 10 - 20 celsius with around 10 comps running.
So the problem in sweden concentrates to 2 summer months.
Next summer there WILL be an a/c anyway...

The Wizard

In my computer room, it runs real hot, I have 4 pc and a very hot running 21" viewsonic monitor it's at 104 now and the room is at 85 the AC is set at 74.

i keep my room as cool as possable. I even wired a switch in my as that lets me bypass the termostat in there and just let it run.

but i walked in today and forgot to leave my fan on in my window it was really hot probley 85 90 f

all the fans were at full speed

AC set at 20C until it warms up ... *notes to self ... why in the middle of tornado alley do houses not have basements* then Ill move it up to 22C

Back