• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How should i do this set up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A bracket shouldn't be hard to fabricate, but then I've never seen that case in real life so who knows how hard it would be? Still you might email Performance and ask that he take a few closeup pics of the lower front inside area for you, so that you could have a better idea of exactly how that is set up on the case. I'm thinking that it should be fairly easy to make a couple of simple "L" brackets and screw them into the floor of the case with slots cut in them for mounting screws for the res.

So i should have both loops share one res instead of having individual res. I
s that it
If you want the lowest coolant temp for the components of the loop that has the most heat, yes. I don't know enough about the OC characteristics of your CPU and GPU's, or your goals, to say whether or not that's what you want, though. You might be better off letting one loop run hotter so that you can get a better OC on the cooler loop.

Is this the best way to loop my duel loop system. This is what im working with:

(1) EK Supreme CPU water block
(1) Koolance N/S Bridge water block
(2) Koolance VGA GTX295 water blocks
(1) XSPC Res/Duel Pump combo
(2) DDC pumps
(2) XSPC Quad Rads

Last edited:
looks good to me, but might try rads first then cpu. it will help a very small amount, so long as it's not to hard to route that way vs what you have.

Looks good to me too. As Spawn said, if all else is equal, putting the chips right after the rad is theoretically superior. But in practice, you'd be lucky to gain .1 C. A tight bend or an extra foot of tubing will probably cost you more, so just go with the cleanest route.

I was thinking of putting a (Y) to the VGA so it would have (im hoping) a decent flow of cool fluids and connecting the exhaust on the VGA to the RAD, but im afraid of the flow just going to just one VGA instead both. Should i keep it as is on the diagram or (Y) it off?

I would feed everything in series. Putting a Y in the loop makes it extremely hard to control flow rate equally to both sides of the Y. I tried this on an old AMD dually rig years ago and one processor always ran significantly hotter than the other due to little differences in the loop through the Y section.

With identical blocks and no tight bends to make one side more restrictive than the other, you should theoretically get similar flow through each block with a Y (reality may differ). But it's unlikely that the first block will heat the water more than 1 or 2 C. Hence, the reason for going with a Y wouldn't be temperature so much as flow rate.

Splitting the loop will reduce restriction, producing a higher overall flow rate, but each block gets only half of that flow. Hence, the Y would need to double the total flow rate too break even. If your blocks are extremely restrictive, you might be better off with the Y. If they're more free-flowing, then you'll want all the flow through both blocks. I wasn't able to find a PQ curve for your blocks with a quick search, but my guess is that the Y won't give you twice the flow of a series loop.

Edit: If you do go with Y's, the tubing needs to be identical on each side of the loop. Even having tight bends before or after the Y's might be a problem.

Last edited:
OTOH, if the blocks are restrictive enough to make splitting the loop worthwhile, it doesn't seem like the tubing should be able to unbalance the flow that much. Muddocktor, were you using fairly free flowing blocks and a strong pump on that dually rig?

A parellel setup on the GPUs has been done and more than a few times, some on XS have even run tests, but I don't have any linkies. If hose routing is better coming off the side of one card, is better than in one card and out the other card on the other side, then go for it.

I hope you understood that.:screwy:

The diff is very small in temps, luckily GPU blocks are equal. Just do the parellel right at the GPUs, don't get any Y junk fittings.

yes, but if it's hard to route that way, don't bother, the temp gain will not be worth it.

As Spawn said, route it however is easiest for your tubing runs. IF you can get the radiator before the CPU / GPUs without increasing the difficulty level, then that's the way to go. If not, the water temps will equalize anyway and it won't amount to a hill of beans either way.

Back