• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 6600K / i7 6700K OC results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depending on what kind of water cooling you have, you could increase the Vcore a bit to see if that would give you higher clocks.

My 6600K does 4.6GHz on 1.35v but it takes 1.425v to be stable at 4.7GHz. With my cooling (two 360 radiators for one CPU and one GPU) that voltage wouldn't be too much of a danger. For lesser liquid cooling like an AIO I probably wouldn't recommend it.

Depending on what kind of water cooling you have, you could increase the Vcore a bit to see if that would give you higher clocks.

My 6600K does 4.6GHz on 1.35v but it takes 1.425v to be stable at 4.7GHz. With my cooling (two 360 radiators for one CPU and one GPU) that voltage wouldn't be too much of a danger. For lesser liquid cooling like an AIO I probably wouldn't recommend it.
I just reached 4.7 at 1.400v stable. I'm rocking a corsair h100i gtx. It actually performs very well. Temps are very cool

I,m not new here but i,m new with skylake, so this is how i, am at the moment.
But i do have a quastion
is the vcore set at 1.35v For 4.7ghz safe and wise to set for 24/7 use, and will it make a difference compared to 4.5ghz. PS due to motherbord dos not have a llc setting, only auto and mode 1 it will sett my vcore about 0.20v higher in stress test.

2gwvvrp.png.jpg

4.7 @ 1.35V is safe for everyday use.

Unlike my more "established" members here - I'm not 100% sure that 1.42V is 100% safe. Your screen shot is a little hard on my eyes, however it looks like your temps are under 80C.

If you are asking is 200Mhz is worth it? Short answer to that is no. 4.7Ghz vs 4.5Ghz there are little if any real world benefits.

4.7 @ 1.35V is safe for everyday use.

Unlike my more "established" members here - I'm not 100% sure that 1.42V is 100% safe. Your screen shot is a little hard on my eyes, however it looks like your temps are under 80C.

If you are asking is 200Mhz is worth it? Short answer to that is no. 4.7Ghz vs 4.5Ghz there are little if any real world benefits.

i,m not getting 1.42v, i set it in bios at 1.35v for 4.7ghz and that will give onder load 1.380v, in the picture its running at 4.6ghz with a vcore of 1.30v in bios, under load that give,s me 1.320v

i,m not getting 1.42v, i set it in bios at 1.35v for 4.7ghz and that will give onder load 1.380v, in the picture its running at 4.6ghz with a vcore of 1.30v in bios, under load that give,s me 1.320v

4.7Ghz 1.35V or 4.6Ghz 1.30V - looks like 4.6Ghz is the sweet spot!:D

Annoying member chiming in, 4.7ghz 1.35v (1.344v under load) 4.7ghz cache/ring clock ~75c :clap:

Clipboard01.jpg

Annoying member chiming in, 4.7ghz 1.35v (1.344v under load) 4.7ghz cache/ring clock ~75c :clap:

View attachment 176335

Looks great! The Maximus VIII Hero and the G. Skill RipJaws seem to do well together. Not quite sure if the all the memory issues on the Skylake have been resolved - although (IIMS) Asus seemed to do better.

Kenrou do you have 4.6Ghz results? Does your 6700K go down? (We started a 4770K thread result on the forums - we never did with Skylake:shrug:)

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-Haswell-i7-4770K-amp-i5-4670K-Results-Thread!

Can do them now if you want but i started off as 4.6ghz 1.35v as per the RoG forums instructions ? was stable so i upped to 4.7ghz which turned out to be my ceiling (albeit a very low ceiling for good or for worse), cant get it stable at 4.8ghz even at 1.46v.

Does he go down :confused:

This is my current daily overclock... I'm running an i5-6600K with an ASRock Extreme6 and 16GB GSkill TridentZ (3600C16) kit on an open air bench with a Corsair H110 (AIO) cooler. It is a binned sample from Silicon Lottery.

i5-6600K 4.6GHz 4400Mhz 3600C16 Rosetta load.PNG

Stability depends on what you are doing with your computer. Benching stability, Gaming stability, and folding stability are all different. Too many get caught up in this.
If do not crash or get bsod's, you are stable for your use.
Also temperature threshold is subjective as well. I personally will not let my chip ever see over 65*. I'm 4.8ghz stable at 1.325v on my 6700k. :thup:

Stability depends on what you are doing with your computer. Benching stability, Gaming stability, and folding stability are all different. Too many get caught up in this.
If do not crash or get bsod's, you are stable for your use.
Also temperature threshold is subjective as well. I personally will not let my chip ever see over 65*. I'm 4.8ghz stable at 1.325v on my 6700k. :thup:

not over 65 for the cores ore the hole cpu, with what do you monitor?

Cores will vary, while package is the average of core values. I check individual core temps, but if they are consistently within 5-6*, I will only continue to monitor package. Every time you remount, you need to check this.
Core to core temp fluctuation can be very dependant upon mount. Too wide of variance indicates a bad mount or of heatsink.

Cores will vary, while package is the average of core values. I check individual core temps, but if they are consistently within 5-6*, I will only continue to monitor package. Every time you remount, you need to check this.
Core to core temp fluctuation can be very dependant upon mount. Too wide of variance indicates a bad mount or of heatsink.

How do you know this some cores just are working harder some times.

Back