• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ideas for more exposure for our team

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great Guys and Gals.

I forgot to add that you get 3 different banners to display so people aren't looking at the same one all month.

Harvey

count me in for another 1/4, $75!!

i really do like the idea of banner for more team exposure and also helping out the team's origin, OC.com.

i would agree w/ Harvey also that most people who visit the OC.com & the data base is in search of performance! and w/ their highly o/c'ed killer machine, wouldn't they like to see how their machine compare to others (hint: competition, and sometimes, show off, is human's nature!!). direct them to this highly competitive and friendly team is a good way we could try.

may be something like: "You think yours are fast? Let's see whose fastest to SETI@Home!"

direct them to the benchmark database. and if they did run the benchie, which most likely since even for u, if u just built a brand new machine, wouldn't u interested 'bout how ur newly killer rig compare to others? at least we r 2/3 the way through already 'cos they already install the client into their machine!! then direct them to this forum and we might be able to keep them interested 'bout SETI@Home and keep on crunching too......

JMHO too.......:cool:

Shark- Benchmark page is a valuable introduction to the Team.

How about a one click membership and a one click Express benchmark download?

One last thought, PayPay grabs a fee from the pot.

From our classifieds (FS XP 1600+ @ 1.73GHz $74. shipped) I found out that Citibank is free.

https://www.c2it.com/C2IT/Login

Harvey

Demont said:
I mean think about it, if us as a team managed to get together 300 bucks a month that right there is about what you would spend on a xp system for a diskless cluster, thats about 6 WU's a day. it would be smarter to just buy more rigs than try to make some banner ad attract new people.

Just thought I'd point out that the banner should be able to bring in more than one new member a month. Even if 5 people join because of the banner who have XP or P4 systems, woudn't their output be greater than the 1 XP system we could build?
Also there's the chance of any of those new members "getting the seti bug" and buying even more systems. :)

Stryfe said:

Just thought I'd point out that the banner should be able to bring in more than one new member a month. Even if 5 people join because of the banner who have XP or P4 systems, woudn't their output be greater than the 1 XP system we could build?
Also there's the chance of any of those new members "getting the seti bug" and buying even more systems. :)

you took that out of context. when you consider that quote plus the points that i brought up about the banner ad not working, then you see that i said this because i feel that 6 WU's is better than no WU's.

I like the idea of the banner if we can succed into rising the funds to handle it, but considering the traffic we got with the latest contest (the now unused new team header) and the succes of the OC stickers,I would like to propose the *****COUGH****(insert dumroll here) OC SETI Team badge (sticker - official logo)*****COUGH*****

For all who have been here for some time, we have been cooking this idea (wel roasting, carbonizing , :)) for quite some time. When the header contest was published in the GDF it attracted quite a lot of new guys into the team, so I still think this is a good idea.....any comments about this?

NTX-Zoner said:
Do you already have a logo in mind for the sticker?

The point of the stickers was to prote it by getting a contest to select the sticker. I have been cooking some ideas for the logo but so far I haven't had the time to get down and make 'em. One of the first proposals was using the logo made by Cy (my avatar is a modification of it made by eboard).....so if we can get the contest going I think a lot of the guys with some graphic design skills might get intersted in the contest and possibly join us in our cause of total domination.....:D

Back