• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

if it were your money.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah dull is understatement lol I could re-apply my oc in my sleep after making changes that reverted it to default. Isnt IB and HW the same method for oc'n??

Got tracking info for my 9370 this morning should be here tomorrow. Went ahead and did overnight since it was 19$ lol

Oh thry're a Ton O Fun and there's a really good guide here under the AMD sticky
@ SIN just FYI the 9370 is a bit of a different beast compared to the others. Default voltage is 1.5 and up depending on the particular chip

Oh thry're a Ton O Fun and there's a really good guide here under the AMD sticky
@ SIN just FYI the 9370 is a bit of a different beast compared to the others. Default voltage is 1.5 and up depending on the particular chip

Two things I agree with for sure.

1. Ton of fun.

2. 9xxx FX seems a whole new breed.

Plus there is one more thing to add to this mix. Some know that we got to looking at what P-states of FX 8 core might overclock like a beeatch. A known cohort in this AMD stuff went to look for a low P-State voltage at x20=4.0Ghz. He bought 2 FX-8350s. Both with very low x20 P-State voltages.

One with 1.291@ x20 would NOT do a nickle past 4.8GHz not even with 1.6Vcore. That cpu went to another for use at 4.8Ghz on AIR. So not my dream cpu but for someone not interest in 'really' overclocking on g00d water it was a real 'find'.

The other with a 1.31x x20 P-State, will game at 5.0Ghz on pretty darn good water.

So now that AMD is binning to 'sell' FX-9xxx cpus, that has changed or "seems" to have changed what is available in the lesser FX-8xxx cpu lineup. Of course we don't have access to 100s of cpus for direct test, but it does seem something maybe up with AMD FX-8xxx lineup.
RGone...

will be interesting voyage for sure lol I'll have sometime to play with it a little tomorrow as my kids are here Wednesdays and Thursdays so it wont be major playing lol, but come Sunday when there gone and I have all day to myself the fun will go into high gear lol.

seems the sweet spot for this 6100 is 250x18 @1.46 with the mem at 2k @1.655

seems the sweet spot for this 6100 is 250x18 @1.46 with the mem at 2k @1.655

You don't mention Vcore needed or Cpu/Package temps, but that would be a pretty fair place, I imagine. Sadly many of us have just come to the conclusion you give t00 much away to Intel if you cannot do 4.5Ghz, period. So in "gaming" I don't really believe you have a g00d overclock if the Mhz-meter is not bouncing off 4.5Ghz. Hehehe.

Strange how we come to see things after we have beat them to death for a couple of years.
RGone...

I see you have some custom water going on, that's good cause the 9370 is quite a bit hotter than the 6100. Cooling plays a big part in your clocks. On the Supernova I was able to run 4.8 with 1.428v( I'm sure it would need a bit more V for full stability) that was 30 minutes P95 blend. But using a TT AIO the same clock needed 1.476v for a full 2+ hours P95 blend. One other thing I noticed with mine anyway was the NB is very sensitive to volts, too much was just as unstable as too little. Off the top of my head the CPU_NB was around 1.225V for 2500 clock.

yeah thats why I didnt hesitate on the 220watt behemoth I aint scared of it lol But I will most likely redo my loops for now they share a rez but each has its own pump and rad(s) This will help keep the cpu from heating up my gpus lol but for now it'll be pop that puppy in and see what she has to offer me.

You may want to consider some fans for the VRM and behind the Mobo as well. This CPU will really work that Power delivery. Help avoid high socket temps.

in amd land we have more to screw up so it's more fun in general.
get a 6300 or a 6350 and clock the pee out of it, 5.0 or more should do the trick, then add the 1866 ram at around 2000.
my 6300 and 8350 sail right along at between 5.0 and 5.3, the temps can get a little interesting at times but anything below 85c is playable, fx is just so tough!!!!!

You may want to consider some fans for the VRM and behind the Mobo as well. This CPU will really work that Power delivery. Help avoid high socket temps.
will keep that in mind maybe I should look at a full mobo block for it as well. lmao forgot I already checked into it and its in my cart on PPCS lol
in amd land we have more to screw up so it's more fun in general.
get a 6300 or a 6350 and clock the pee out of it, 5.0 or more should do the trick, then add the 1866 ram at around 2000.
my 6300 and 8350 sail right along at between 5.0 and 5.3, the temps can get a little interesting at times but anything below 85c is playable, fx is just so tough!!!!!

I think you missed the post where I said I already dropped the $$ for the 9370 its on the way now :)

Last edited:
and its moving :)

Tracking number 590521607211

Destination SAN ANTONIO, TX
Status Pickedup
Service type FedEx Standard Overnight
Weight 2.0 lbs/.9 kg
Reference 186454596
Date/Time Activity Location Details
Jan 22, 2014 3:57 PM Picked up MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 22, 2014 9:38 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Jan 23, 2014 6:37 AM At local FedEx facility SAN ANTONIO, TX
Jan 23, 2014 5:36 AM At destination sort facility SAN ANTONIO, TX
Jan 23, 2014 4:00 AM In transit MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 23, 2014 3:56 AM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 22, 2014 10:51 PM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 22, 2014 10:36 PM Left FedEx origin facility MEMPHIS, TN

thank god the winter weather advisery has affected it :) were due to get hit by it later today. Starting out at a nice 52f this morning but will be down in the lower 30's to a low overnight of 24

Jan 23, 2014 6:37 AM At local FedEx facility SAN ANTONIO, TX
Jan 23, 2014 5:36 AM At destination sort facility SAN ANTONIO, TX
Jan 23, 2014 4:00 AM In transit MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 23, 2014 3:56 AM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 22, 2014 10:51 PM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 22, 2014 10:36 PM Left FedEx origin facility MEMPHIS, TN

thank god the winter weather advisery has affected it :) were due to get hit by it later today. Starting out at a nice 52f this morning but will be down in the lower 30's to a low overnight of 24

That there's overclockin' weather...just hang your rads out a window and clock dat beyotch up to 5.5, lol

lol unfortunately my lil ones are here so gotta keep my apt warm. But these temps are supposed to hang for a few days. Plus cant hang them out the window lol there mounted in my case.

That there's overclockin' weather...just hang your rads out a window and clock dat beyotch up to 5.5, lol

Our high today is -15c/5f and overnight is -24c/-11f. Going to warm up a bit for the weekend with highs around -9c/14f and then get cold again next week. I have a rad I can put out the window. So far the coldest I've had my water is -15c now this is benching weather!:thup:

now this is benching weather!:thup:

I should have taken the fans off my rad and just put the rad in the stream of water coming from my busted pipes last week.

We have a forecast of about 2.5 days of lows at night in the bottom 20's so the repeated "lows" thing has me outside in garage/washroom, insulating pipes so I do not repeat last weeks little fun and games. Hehehe.
RGBobertone...sterstignatorzzzzzzzzzzzz

lol unfortunately my lil ones are here so gotta keep my apt warm. But these temps are supposed to hang for a few days. Plus cant hang them out the window lol there mounted in my case.

Well just shett...yu did not know they make kid sized snowmobile suits? Hehehe.

Just picking a little man. I hope that beeatch gets there soon and that you have at least one similar to the golden or is that slightly rusty brown of "johans" FX-9370. Seems too many are Red for I am so red-faced at this POS that won't clock without 15,000 volts Vcore.

At least it might not be like a 'hazewell' that has about a 75% average at 4.2Ghz overclock. With them you better be good at rolling the dice and then it may have wonky IVR sinking and be hot and clock. They some crazy sumbeeatches for sure.
RGone...ster.

Back