• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

if it were your money.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol used to be a darksider all the time until I got my first real intel rin My old Z68 ud7 and 2600k. And i was like OMFG!!! this is how a computer should be lol then i added some ssd's to the mix and again i was OMFG!! I guess I'm looking for that again lol. I will say this though, this 9370 is by far alot smoother and happier to work than that 6100 lol may just grab a FX610 compatible board and do something with it for my daughter to play her dora games on lol it should handle those ok LMFAO!!!!!!!

currently at 5Ghz 1.525 set in bios 1.56 showing in cpu-z and HW mon package @49c cpu @60c this is with just upping multi, but I can already tell this cpu is vastly better than the 6100FX just the fluidity of things I can feel lol hard to explain but I'm sure ya catch my drift. Will most likely settle into the 4.5-4.8 range for 24/7 after finding the sweet spot with fsb and memory. Currently this is running my mem at rated speed of 1866. oh the above temps are 15mins into prime

LLC must be set to 'extreme' for that much flux in the Vcore. Sounds like you did get a good cooler one and sounds like has some headroom if can find out about that bounce to 1.56V. Maybe show us a HWMonitor when under a P95 load.
RGone...

what should it be at to keep droop low or keep vcore at what I set it? not sure how much more playing time I'll get tonight power is flickering not good lol this part of Texas aint used to this cold lol

5.0 multi.png

Last edited:
See if it will run P95 Blend okay with CPU_LLC set to high. That will or should drop the Vcore a little and let us see how much headroom the Vcore may have.

Yes I know you don't have much time...so when you can at 5.0Ghz.
RGone...

one worker failed but lol vcore is under 1.5 by time I uploaded image and started this reply a second worked stopped oh and stupid me lol I had an oc fail and had to clear cmos forgot to set llc back up so it was on auto for the first image

5.0 high llc.png

Did you change the Cpu LLc setting going from post 65 to 67? I see you dropped the V core but you were overshooting by .035 in #65 and not at all in #67

all I did was set the llc to high as advised didnt touch anything else I also noticed I only have 6 cores not 8 hmmmmm. went back in and upped vcore one notch 1.525 prior was 1.5125 no worked dropping but still only 6 and cpu-z only shows 6 cores as well

edit set back to default on chip and still only 6 cores man I couldnt say for sure if I ever saw 8 cores or not.

edit again lol figured out the core issue phew I thought maybe I had a bad cpu lol when i install I set msconfig to whatever core count my proc has never changed it from the 6 core lol changed it to 8 rebooted and whallah 8 cores showing now you notice I didnt say working lol as 5 and 6 are failing still under blend vcore set to 1.525 in bios

5.0 high llc 8 cores.png

ok a tad more tweaking set it to very high on llc seemed to saty where I had it set in bios upon boot which is 1.525 and raises is a tad for prime which it should and all workers still plugging away I think this is the top lol for now hitting 65c cpu 47c package but wont be taxing it this hard all the time lol but as I stated before man its like night and day from the Fx6100

5.0 very high llc.png

Last edited:
Nice , it sounds like you're enjoying the 9370 so far, they are a nice CPU and you're probably right in the voltage range to get it stable at 5.0

yeah been fun so far lol it fialed a worker after 10mins on those settings but I went and did my normal stuff as well and not a single hiccup. So this might be my spot to aim for but this sunday will tell for sure. I may do some tonight and fine tune sunday lol.

Sin get a fan on the backside of the motherboard so you can get the Socket temps down.

Sin get a fan on the backside of the motherboard so you can get the Socket temps down.

not really anyplace I can put one behind the mobo My socket cut out is big enough for sure but wont get any airflow with case closed.

I would put a fan on the vrm section or behind the mb and that should get you some more headroom

trying to find a pretty way to mount one inside to blow across the vrm's while looking good. I'm trying to find away to angle the rear exhaust fan (I'll turn it to intake) its set up on the fan hub so will work pwn with cpu temps. I think this will be the cleanest option for 24/7 use.

just cut up a cardboard box and make a simple guide to get the air to the vrm.

a little black paint makes it look a little better.

not really anyplace I can put one behind the mobo My socket cut out is big enough for sure but wont get any airflow with case closed.
Even if the side panel behind it doesn't have a cut out it still helps move that hot air away.

just cut up a cardboard box and make a simple guide to get the air to the vrm.

a little black paint makes it look a little better.

Bro I have to much $$ invested in this to ghetto it up like that

The rear fan should do the trick as its close to the area and will look better
I can't find away for rear of the mb either

Yeah its about the best thing imho I'll have to get some long screws and nuts and something to make it pivot to where I need it.

Even if the side panel behind it doesn't have a cut out it still helps move that hot air away.

it not just no outlet for the air its there be alot of cables in that spot as well lol I'm going to have to re-cable manage it and clear it up some. Maybe I can find a decent 25mm thick fan to help pull the heat away.

I might do something there as well once I re-cable it right now I'm re-installing all my games lol

I played with it a little this morning but not really feeling the oc bug atm lol got it to 260fsb and 5.2Ghz but then put it back to 25x200 for now lol I need to get all my stuff back installed so I can real world test it as well as prime test it.

These last 2 days at work have been hell lol friday was colder than a witches tit in a brass bra and yesterday we had almost double the work due to some rescheduling of fridays jobs due to the frozen road closures we had. And next week isnt looking a lot better either seems were going to get below 30 again for a couple days. dammit this is why I live in Texas so we dont have these freezing temps lol. Anyway the workload has taken it out of me lol heck I sit down on my couch and I'm out in 5 mins lol.

Back