• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im bummed,evga 680i wont support yorkfield.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This issue really broke my heart. Its like I had to choose which child to give up for adoption.

Totally is a peein contest between Nvidia and Intel. No ultra high end systems for a bit I guess.

What a waste of money =/

It is easy for me, I'm giving nVidia up for adoption because they lied to my face and refuse to tell us why. Simple as that.

You can see by my sig that I made the same decision... Although watching my 3dmark06 score take a dive makes me feel like less of a man... LOL!

very interesting Colt.now the wait begins for something from evga.i had hoped it would simply be a case of needing a updated bios...

i dunno man I have been emailing back and forth for a month with a tech from eVGA and he has told me that only wolfdale will work (45nm dual core)

maybe he doesnt even know.

if that last post is correct then that would be nice

I dont think that person is right. My friend who has 680I called eVGA and they said it should support 45nm cpu's.

I dont think that person is right. My friend who has 680I called eVGA and they said it should support 45nm cpu's.
Yes, technically it does support 45nm processor. The dual cores. NOT the quads.

So they didn't lie to him, they twisted the facts ;)

Yes, technically it does support 45nm processor. The dual cores. NOT the quads.

So they didn't lie to him, they twisted the facts ;)

They said BIOS will allow support. I will tell ihm to call again, but the eVGA's are just rebranded 680I mobos and never overclocked quad cores as well as P35. I will just tell ihm to buy a new mobo since he makes 25K a month lol. I asked him to buy my two GTX's but he siad no.

They said BIOS will allow support. I will tell ihm to call again, but the eVGA's are just rebranded 680I mobos and never overclocked quad cores as well as P35. I will just tell ihm to buy a new mobo since he makes 25K a month lol. I asked him to buy my two GTX's but he siad no.
Well, I can tell you, check the forums and they will say it "supports 45nm", but not the quads many times over (and refuse to tell them why).

Alittle off subject but Thideras how are you liking the Asus P5K Premium?
I have absolutely no regrets at all moving to this motherboard. I love it, to put it blunt.

It beats the crap out of my 680i. If anyone else wants to switch, this is a great board to go to. Only thing it doesn't do is SLi and my coffee when I wake up (which I'm sure I can have it do through the built in wifi to my coffee maker). ;)

Back