• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IMPERIAL DEATH CASE EPISODE II: THE CASE STRIKES BACK (higher quality pictures)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff Bolton

ok i promised them and here they are. these pictures are a lot better than the ones that i had scanned. i thank my friend for letting me use his kodak dx3700 3.1 megapixel digital camera.

for the original thread, click here: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104440.

lets get on with the show. first pic: case on my window seat next to my working box. check the siggy for what i still need to finish this computer.

case1.jpg

jeff

Last edited:
sorry about these crappy cathode shots, i really thought they'd turn out better. for some reason the camera didn't pick up the light as well as i'd hoped it would. still something that you'd need to see in person to appreciate. :(

glow1.jpg

jeff

Last edited:
this one's funny cause you can see my finger covering up the flash, reflected in the plexiglass..it took me a while to figure out wtf that was...lol

glow3.jpg

Last edited:
last one!

in these pictures it looks like the light only shows up in the bottom corner of the design, but that's just the picture, you can really see the whole thing lit up, it really looks good. if anyone is wondering how i got the light to work without the motherboard in there, i ran the wires from my other computer through the back of the box and just reached in and turned it on :D i'm so innovative!

tell me what you think guys!

glow5.jpg

***EDIT FROM 6 MONTHS LATER***

since i had almost forgotten about this thread, i didn't update it when i got the box all operational and everything. here are the updated pics. when compared to the first picture, you can tell i have a different chair and highly upgraded speakers :D thanks for your interest in this thread! and i agree that we still need to hook up an 80mm imperial grill charlie....

jeff

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

case6.jpg

Last edited:
Awsome Jeff. As mentioned adding some more cathode in will give a better outline of the image in the night. Really nice cuts. The full tower makes the mid tower look too small huh? ;)

hey you know what case really caught my attention??? That white one behind it! I was looking for a case like that perfect with a cover at front and everything! can you post some pics of that? Also do you remember where you bought that case from?

did anyone not read what i typed? lol.....

its the picture, not the case. it looks find in person, but for some reason the camera didn't pick up the whole depth of the picture. if i ever have $30 sitting around to get another light i will just for the hell of it but for now i have other things to buy :(

and yes, there is plexiglass. :)

jeff

to therock911@: i got the case last year from www.tccomputers.com, this was before i found newegg.

its a pretty good case but if you want more than two optical drives, it will run into the edge of the motherboard...that pretty much rules out the bottom two cd-rom slots. also, if you have a floppy drive and expect it to fit in the pre-determined floppy slot on the front of the case (visible in the picture below the door) forget that, too. i had to put it in the other 3 1/2 slot behind the door. other than that, its a good case but the enlight 300w psu is kinda lacking. good case, but i wish i had spent some more money and gotten something better at the time. it was $50 if i remember correctly.

jeff

EDIT: just checked tccomputers and they don't have that case anymore :/

looks god man.

set the exposure compensation on the camera higher, or set the shutter speed to like 2 or 3 seconds, if it has that option.

i got the canon S200, it has mad extra manual options, i got it cause it will take good night pics:)

Back