• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IMPERIAL DEATH CASE EPISODE II: THE CASE STRIKES BACK (higher quality pictures)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Still Jeff! More brightness = mad cool. It would make the whole CPU glow at night if you add wheels to the bottom and a neon on that bottom LOL.

lol @ scrotums.

i see enough civics and integras driving around like that and it bothers me! neons are for signs and computers, not cars :p

i know more bright would be better but believe me, its fine....for now muhahah. let me finish the computer, watercooling, and raid, and then we'll see how i go in terms of other stuff.

jeff

very nice. Some of those pics don't show up. I go to bed every night listening to the star wars theme song. I think it's called About A Girl. May the Force be with you. Anyways, good job on that case. What'd you use to cut out the insignia?
Doc

EDIT: You're more of a pro than I am. See here

Jeff. into star wars heh :) i also seen that lightsaber on the top left of one of the pics haha :)

jeff i LOVE it nice job i love the shape on the window kick ***!

now here is my one suggestion. If possible, while it may be a pain in the ***, i think it would look even better if you paint the inside of your case black so you dont see the ugly grey in there.

just an idea. keep up the great work

damn, thread ressurection! i hadn't checked this thing in a few months and suddenly i have some more hits. i didn't realize my old pics got dumped, i'll upload them to my webspace and fix all the links.

thanks for the props!

edit: updated links so all the pics work again, for your viewing pleasure! check out my last post w/pics to see updated pics from recently to show the box in action. laters...

jeff

Last edited:
Hey, how about that fan grill..... :)

Hey Guys.........my shopping cart is working..now its not working...it will be redesigned and back up.!!!

Charlie

Last edited:
That's a great mod! It looks very professional.

I have a suggestion for the 'nighttime' pictures, though. It seemed to me that you had your camera set to 'auto-flash' so that when it was dark, it automatically flashed. When your camera is in that mode, the shutter speed/aperture will adjust as it is expecting the flash to light things up better. When you cover the flash manually (with your finger), the picture will turn out overly dark. If you can put your camera in a mode where the flash is forced off, they shutter/aperture will adjust accordingly as it is not expecting the flash to add light, but will take a picture based only on the amount of ambient light and will probably turn out better (brighter).

I would like to see some better pics with the cold cathode light in the dark!

i'm going to borrow my friend's digital camera again to take pictures of my new car, and when i borrow it i'll take a few more, but i don't think there's a way to turn off the flash on his camera. believe me, it looks good, nice and bright :D

jeff

i used a rounded bit with my dremel and basically sanded down the jagged edges carefully. one of the bits came with my tool but my dad used to do mad woodwork and had some bits hanging around that fit into my rotary, so i think i used one of his that was a little more grippy than the one that came with mine. then i used one with less bite to really smooth it out.

to attach the plexi i used liquid nails. awesome stuff!

jeff

Back