• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In the making!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skinart

Just took the jigsaw to my new case and come up with somthing like this. Project is a lil slow with moving to a new house and all but its comin along. the edges look a lil jagged in the pic but there not, just the pic screwd up a bit when i shrunk it

http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0103/DCP_2271.jpg

just gotta clean it up a lil and may have to repaint the one side the metal fileings draged under the jigsaw base and scratched it some no big deal though.

And if anyone is going to make a BIG window in the top of there case like i did, dont make it to big on top of the 5.25 bay area or otherwise you will have to drill all the rivots off take teh top off and modify the top carriage 5.25 bay coz window will get in the way lol oops

if your useing a jigsaw its like cutting butter with knife real easy, just make sure you tape the side of your case with duct tape or somthing to protect it from the metal fileings scratching as the jigsaw runs accros.

skinart image tags are your friend,

anyway, that looks nice, did you do all of the windows your self? and how are you going to attach the windows?

image tags? and yes i cut all the windows myself, and i will be useing a double sloted piece of rubber edging, push it on the dge of the caseing and then the window slips into ther other cut out edge

skinart said:
image tags?
Yup, Image tags.

DCP_2271.jpg

i.e. {img}http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0103/DCP_2271.jpg{/img} <~~ image tags... the only difference, is instead of using { use [ and youve got yourself an image tag! ;)

Hey man i always wonderd how they did that lol show me please?

oops didnt read all your reply, now i see thank you very much!

Here is a pic of some other goodies that will be in the case a BIG psu from dtek for that 226w pelt, a maze 3 with coldplate, a BIG rad, i just orderd 4 x 120mm fans for it, I have a Epox 8K3A and an 1600+ XMS 3200 (not in pic coz they are running in this pc right now) and i have the week off so hopefully it will be mostly together in a week or so.

DCP_2274.jpg

Thanx Spydermatrix i will, and whitemcce i didnt really understand what you where saying maye sorry =(

I moved it to this forum because so far, it has dealt almost entirely with case modding with water cooling appearing to be a distant concern.

If you feel strongly about it, I can move it back to water cooling, though I doubt all the (window dressing) case modding aspects contribute much to the art/science of water cooling.

Your call...

Hoot

looks nice. I'd paint it plourescent green/ orange and give it a mirror finish in the end

Back