• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IQYHA0351MPMW vs IQYHA0348XPMW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The O.C

I have the choice between:
-Mobile Barton 2500+ (AXMH2500FQQ4C) IQYHA0351MPMW
OR
-Mobile Barton 2600+ (AXMG2600FQQ4C) IQYHA0348XPMW

Plz help me out soon,I'm buying this tomorrow after work.

Sry, and excuse me for highjacking your thread temporarily, but what is the difference between a Barton 2500+ and Mobile Barton 2500+ other then the obvious name?

mobile bartons have the ability to run the same stock speeds as normal bartons but at lower voltages.

Hmmm, I don't know much about the XMPW's track record for 2600+ chips, but that's a good stepping for the 2500+. And I'd say you're probably looking at an equally good chance with the 2600+, too. So get the one that costs less.

EvilCow - It's a chip that can operate at stock speeds with only 1.45v instead of 1.65v like a typical desktop barton, and since it has to be able to use PowerNow (which helps conserve battery power if used in a laptop), it's multipliers are unlocked. So it's a Barton core chip that requires less power to run, and has all the good stuff unlocked. The creme de la creme, if you will. :D

Thank you very much. Too bad I already ordered the 2500+ barton without giving the mobiles a Look! You guys think I'll be alright?

i have the 2500 stepping and it runs great. i'm at 220x12 right now and think i still have some headroom if i lower my multi. either one of those is gonna give you great oc's because of the iqyha stepping.

if you're lucky you can do just as well with a desktop chip... it's just that mobiles are more like the handpicked good ones.

I have a 2600+ with the same stepping as the 2500+ you listed. Those are pretty much guaranteed to be excellent overclockers. But you never know if the 2600+ stepping you listed is better or not. I would say get the 2600+ if you are feeling lucky/adventurous. Otherwise the 2500+ is a solid choice good for 2600MHz with proper cooling.

haha i ended up getting the 2600+. saw someone around here who got theirs up to 2800... will update

That is not the stepping listed there. Newegg doesn't publish the stepping code like excaliberpc does.

ok i've had the 2600+ mobile(IQYHA0348XPMW) for two days now and i got it to run 2400 at 200x12 @ 1.675 volts(my setup undervolts). anyone know if this could be because of my powersupply? this rig undervolted when i had my p4p800 setup in here too?

the setup at 1.675 volts and running at 200x12 with a thermaltake silent boost hsf runs at an average load temperature of 49 celcius. max temp reached 51. wasn't able to get 200x12.5 at voltage below 1.8. it booted at 1.8 but crashed during prime within the first few minutes. i'm pretty new to AMD,was running a P4 2.8C before i switched camps. any have any suggestions on how to run above 2400 speeds with possibly different multipliers without going to higher voltages. i think if i increase the voltage anymore it's just going to get hotter so i don't know if it will help stability.

right now i'm messing around to see how low a voltage i can run with my stock speeds. right now it's at hour 8 of prime95 running 133x15 @ 1.35 volts(38 celcius load). because it undervolts cpu-z shows the setup running at 1.296 volts during prime. motherboard monitor shows 1.31 average. also going to try lower voltages to see how stable this chip is.

PS - how does one burn in their cpu??

oh forgot,here's my setup:
abit nf7-s
2600+ xp-m w/ thermaltake silent boost
1 gig pc3200
asus geforce ti4200
super flower 350w power supply

Last edited:
Back