• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a way to get my 1600+ higher than 12.5 multi!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h0mersimps0n

I have a bad feeling you all are going to tell me it depends on my motherboard. I have successfully unlocked my 1600+ and have it running at 1.67 (133*12.5). After hours and hours of testing I've descovered two hard facts.

1.) at 1.85vcore my AROIA 1600+ will only do 1.89G
2.) my MSI KT3 ULTRA does not like doing anything except sitting around when the FSB is higher than 133 (i.e. I can get it to 166fsb but gameplay is unstable)

so, in my bios my highest multi option is 15 but anything higher than the 12.5/13 setting doesn't boot!

how can I get this working?

thanks!

It is possible, but it requires breaking bridges and joining others. Not too difficult, I did it with my new XP1700 T-bred to get a 13X multiplier. All you need to do is 'pop' the bridges, using 5V from a PSU. If you want to know more, let me know.

My Ultra 2 has no problems at 166 fsb. It is a little flakey between 133 and 166. Be sure that you are running your memory at FSB not at FSB +33 or FSB +66.

I run the ram clock at HLK not HLK+33... trust me I've tried everything and explored every setting and hardware possibility to be able to stay at 1.89g...

sorry CMC I didn't realize you were the one I PM'd before...

I'll probably "pop" all the bridges because its easier to connect them with my XP unlocking kit (very easy) than have to go back multiple times to pop pop pop

I would suggest just popping the 5th L3 bridge and before you do that go into the bios and set you mult to 13x so it will boot. the last L3 controls the mult. low or high. that way if you need to go back and fix it you don't have to redo all the bridges, just the 5th. A 9volt battery will also work fine to do the mod.

that is correct (pol not t-bred)

thanks though...

I'll try 9v first, look for the "spark", pray, hold breath, install, pray, hold breath, repeat as necessary...

Back