• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Italy is in sight!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
muddocktor said:
I thought you were down some crunching power, eaglescouter. Bring it on man. :attn:

Yes, I've had a few rigs offline due to the heat load in the computer room. Add all those computers to an outside temperature over 100F, add that to a computer room on the SW corner of the house (the hottest possible exposure for a home in my region) and things get a bit insane.

To avoid thermal throttling I have added the 24" fan, and with tonights powerup I'll be adding one or two more 24" fans to move the heat out.

I need to convert one of these boxes into a home theatre pc so I have an excuse to move it into the living room where there is no heat load problem :)

Oh man, I know exactly what you are talking about with the heat load in 1 room. I have 1 rig still shut down due to the heat load in my computer room and having to deal with 90+ temps with humidity in the 60-90% range here. I have a window ac in the computer room but it still tries to get kinda warm in there in the afternoon with all 9 rigs running.

Yes, I noticed that we passed Italy yesterday evening when checking the stats. Yay us! :D

Too bad Art Bell is going to put us back to #11 in a few more days though. :(

BTW, who the hell is Art Bell?:confused:

Art Bell is a late night talk show host who covers the paranormal, the wierd, the bizzarre, and seti sometimes is a topic of discussion.

The callers to his show can be very, ummm, ...., uhhh, ......, lets use the phrase "uniquely interesting".

Last edited:
I need about a 3-hour, non-stop window to switch some stuff around and I'll have my FX-55 back on-line as well as another Opteron system. Probably won't find that big a window until Saturday morning though. Picasso will get WC'ed in the process as will the new Opty. The FX-55 goes on air - I needed it's case so it will be hanging on the wall and headless w/a wireless connection ... :)

QuietIce said:
I need about a 3-hour, non-stop window to switch some stuff around and I'll have my FX-55 back on-line as well as another Opteron system. Probably won't find that big a window until Saturday morning though. Picasso will get WC'ed in the process as will the new Opty. The FX-55 goes on air - I needed it's case so it will be hanging on the wall and headless w/a wireless connection ... :)

Woot for more horsepower!!!

Excelent work guys, keep on crunchin! :clap:

Solved the mobo problem on my c2d system, and its back on crunching but with only one stick of ballistix, the other one is dead and waits for RMA. Hopefully illl get the replacement next week.

It looks as if team OC is more dedicated daily to crunching than Art bell

Team OC - Active users - 187, Daily Credit - 123,024 ~ 657 credits per user per day
Team Art Bell - Active U - 511, Daily Credit - 164,760 ~ 322 credits per user per day

Yay us! :p

Back