• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kernel Power Error ID 41

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feyker123

Hey im new on forum =)

My PC Specs

Intel® Core™ i5-760 Processor (8M Cache, 2.80 GHz)
Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme Rev.2
Intel® Desktop Board DP55WG
4GB DDR3 ram 2x2gb kingston sticks
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 "Vapor-X" 1gb
Western Digital SATA II Caviar Black 500gb
LC Power LC600H-12 600W
There are 2x80mm and 1x 120m Fans. Classic fans without leds

Well my i didn't OC anything. PC was working nice for nearly a year, only thing i had to do was replacement of intel stock cooler with aftermarket cooler to steady core temps.

But about month ago my problem started... Kernel Power Error ID 41 started. I tryed these things to fix it:
-Reinstaled win7 several times and formated disks
-I cleaned case
-Reconnected all connectors
-Disabled audio drivers
-Reinstaled graphic drivers
-Disconnected all USB deviced and fans (expect keyboard and mouse)
-Changed tasks in Task Scheduler
-Temps are never over 65deggres (using core temp)
-When i disabled speedstep in bios and exited bios with saving changes my PC crashed

This is minidump created:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-12T20:55:30.240810100Z" />
<EventRecordID>33331</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Jure-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

When my PC gets crash if i don't turn it off for few mins it will crash again after ''Windows loading screen'' or at ''Wellcome message''.
Most of cases i get this crash while playing games. In strong games like battlefield or black ops i get this error in few mins of playing otherwise after 20 mins or so. Sometimes i got crash when i tryed to ''Exit'' from game.
When i do torcher test with prime95 for most times it works without crash. But when i click ''Stop'' on taskbar my PC crashes
Well idk if this has something to do with kelner but i see 2800 ''Administrative events'' in event log mostly ''Warning'' and ''Error''.

Well before i take my PC to shop where i bought it i would like to know where the problem is.
I belive that this was asked many times but i can't find answer in my case.
Looking forward for your answers

:welcome: to the forums.

Have you taken a look at this KB Article? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

There's a link to another KB that contains a hotfix concerning USB Devices which causes a BSOD on resuming from a suspended system: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974476

On a side note that sounds like a problem with the hard drive or RAM to me. Have you tried running memtest86 to see if a memory test causes the system to fail?

Back