• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

little bro's eMachine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raIDERgeek

My little bro's el1852g-52wt doesn't turn on anymore I tried 3 other power supply's with no luck. Is the MB gone or the cpu?

CPU's very rarely go bad.
If that's an OEM prebuilt machine, it's most likely the board.

Just make sure it will fit in the case, a lot of Oem cases do not take standard boards. It may be time to save up for a new rig.

You will also probably have issues with the OS not liking a new motherboard that is not an oem replacement. The OS key is normally tied to the motherboard.

You will also probably have issues with the OS not liking a new motherboard that is not an oem replacement. The OS key is normally tied to the motherboard.

You can call the activation in, and it will work fine. This is assuming it's not Windows 10, which I'm not sure will work the same way.

You can call the activation in, and it will work fine. This is assuming it's not Windows 10, which I'm not sure will work the same way.

You can do the same with 10, from my experience.

raIDERgeek,
It's very possible the PSU died and took other components with it.
I suggest building a new system, eMachines is a budget oriented OEM and doesn't put out very high quality systems.

If access to the motherboard is from the left side panel as you are looking at the front panel then an aftermarket mATX board will likely work. If mobo access is from the right side then probably you could not use an aftermarket board. Usually, when access is from the right side then the positions of the expansion slots and the I/O ports are switched on the layout of the mobo components. And if there is no issue with that then you would probably find that you will need to adapt the front panel wire harness connector as that is usually propriety.

Back