• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5A88V-evo Auto OC option in the BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
trents, i forgot my password for my previous username which is automatically saved on my browser at work so i created a new account to post these screenshots. i am currently at home now.

Attachments

• CPU screenshot.PNG
    CPU screenshot.PNG
    65.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Memory sceenshot.PNG
    Memory sceenshot.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 71
  • SPD screenshot.PNG
    SPD screenshot.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 70
  • prime95 screenshot.PNG
    prime95 screenshot.PNG
    14.5 KB · Views: 68
Hey, great! You're up and running! See if it will pass Prime95 for 20 minutes. That's the standard I use for preliminary stability testing as you are bumping up the overclock. Later, when we feel you are approaching the max overclock level I will have you run longer tests to confirm stability.

Looks like you are running at the stock HT Ref frequency of 200 mhz currently which is fine as it's always good to check temps at baseline before starting to overclock.

So if you pass the 20 minute Prime95 run at 200 mhz then try it at 205.

Are Coo N Quiet and C1E disabled and is the Power Option in Windows Control Panel set to High Performance yet. I ask because in the HWMonitor CPU vcore line you have a minimum value of 1.12. Looks like some of the "green" stuff is still active.

trents...those are stock settings...i already ran it for more than 20 minutes heaps of times and apparently i haven't received any error messages. are you saying that i should change the clock speed to 205 with changing any other settings aside from the HT Ref Clock?

yeah! i haven't disabled some of the "green" stuff..should i now?

Disable the green stuff now.

Lower the memory speed to 1066.

Set the memory voltage to 1.55.

Lower the HT Link speed to 1800 mhz.

Increase the CPUNB voltage to 1.225.

Before you set the HT Ref. to 205, post back with attached pics of CPU-z tabs: CPU and Memory and please confirm that you made the changes above to the memory voltage and the CPUNB voltage and that you have disabled the green stuff.

Disable the green stuff now - i can disable CnQ, C1E, CPU/NB LLC and CPU LLC and enable high performance but i cannot bump CPU/NB Voltage and DRAM Voltage, i am getting a yellow mark on it

Lower the memory speed to 1066 - i got 1067MHz

Lower the HT Link speed to 1800 mhz - i got this

should i continue trents?

Don't worry about the yellow mark. It won't be the last one you see probably. Overclockers run into those all the time and they must be ignored or you can't overclock. It's just kind of a disclaimer, that's all. So please go ahead and put that CPUNB voltage to 1.225.

1067 for the ram speed is what we want. They round those numbers off.

If you increase voltage values to a certain level you will get the yellow "caution" color and if you increase them even more at some point you would get the "danger" color red.

The reason I am having you increase the CPUNB voltage is because he CPUNB frequency will be on the rise as you overclock the HT Ref and will need some extra voltage in order to be supported in its higher frequencies.

sorry trents for the late response...i cannot set the CPUNB Voltage to >1.22v when i "disable" CnQ first. I will be able to do if i change CPU/NB Voltage first however, when i checked CnQ, it says "enabled" STILL but GREYED OUT

That's fine. Set the CPUNB voltage first then. Must be a bios quirk. I was worried when you didn't get back pretty quick. I hoped you hadn't fried your computer.

Yes, we all do it. No, don't worry about frying your computer. We do overclocking in small increments and monitor temps so the chance of hurting anything is pretty small.

Concerning the CPUNB, I have mine set to 1.235 in bios. I had the 4 core version of the CPU you have and had the CPUNB set to 1.225. That component is said to safely handle at least 1.4v.

I will be gone for a bit to my daughter's house. In the meantime, after making these adjustments in bios, run a 20 minute Prime95 blend test at 200 mhz HT Ref. If that works okay, up the HT Ref. to 205 and retest. Watch temps. We want to limit core temps to about 55c and CPU socket temps to about 65c. Let's get going on this overclock. This thread is eternally long.

Back