• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5a97 + 960T Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
K new cooler new ram new settings...most settings are auto except..vcore 1.425, nb freq 2500, ht 2250 and llc enbabled for both vcore and cpu-nb. 50 passes of IBT and 2 hours plus prime as i type this

Attachments

• 4ghz250bus.jpg
    4ghz250bus.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 35
Looks like 1.49 Vcore and temps seem good with the system @ 4.0Ghz, is not bad. Oh yes I know everyone want more and if you do the Vcore will likely have to upped into the 1.5 to 1.575 range since that 4.0Ghz mark is usually right at the point where the next increase of Mhz brings on the need for a pretty hefty increase in Volts to the CPU.

But at what you say is stable and a solid 4.0Ghz...all seems pretty darn good and good luck to you.

EDIT:
I just went and looked across all of the images in your capture and saw SpeedFan 4.4 version and wonder why you even have it running. I would not trust anything about its' read outs if it cannot get Vcore any better than the 3.0Volts it shows for Vcore. END EDIT.

k so that setup crashed on idle overnight??? So i decided to try moving the base clock up further....seems like this chip doesnt like the multi...
on load IBT it passed 50 runs

Attachments

• 4ghz267bus.jpg
    4ghz267bus.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 33
Check your ram timings in the CPU-z "Memory" tab against what the manufacturer recommends in the CPU-z "SPD" tab for the ram running at the current frequency.

Check your ram timings in the CPU-z "Memory" tab against what the manufacturer recommends in the CPU-z "SPD" tab for the ram running at the current frequency.

its runnin prime right now, factory timings for 1333 9,9,9,24,34,1t
running at 715mhz on a single dimm? here we go with the ram again...maybe ill pull the ripjaws back out of the htpc and try with them instead

k had to bump timing up to 1600 settings now its runnin IBT with 8 gigs hopefully it passes ;)
EDIT: passes 50 runs of IBT, 4.5 hrs prime and running...how long should i go?
EDIT: 14hrs prime95 stable now to lower the vcore...that might wait until the weekend..im happy :)

Attachments

• 4ghz267bus.jpg
    4ghz267bus.jpg
    870.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 4ghz267busprime15.jpg
    4ghz267busprime15.jpg
    748.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back