• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mach II GT vs. Vapochill LS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ocing newbie

I didn't bother to search this topic I just want to know quickly if there's a general opinion of which unit it better. PC cooling and a better cpu are my next eventual upgrades. What are the temps each unit maintains? Which one will work the best if I was to say use everything in my sig and an fx-57?

both are great units, but there are some differences:

Afaik the mach2gt will cool a little bit lower than the Vapochill LS, but the Vapochill has a better mounting system and should be less expensive.

From what I've read the vapochill seems to run a bit louder aswell

I'm about to get a mach1 modded with a chilly1 evap...it will cool as well if, not better and chilly's evaps have a great mounting system, and can be used for 478/939 and gpu's.....with the mach2 gt you will have to buy mounting kits for each socket you use.

plus...and this is a big plus, chilly's units start at about 1/2 the price as the others.

And now there is someone making lcd controllers called "g-froster" which seem to blow away the controls provided for both the mach2gt and vapchill

damn i cant imagine how quiet a GT must be....i can hardly hear my vapochill LS....

though i guess that could be because im used to hearing my old xp90/delta triple blade screaming while i game....

also, doesnt the vapochill ls have a higher heat range? I believe that the Vapochill will cool 200w+ while the gt will fail at around 180w.... something like that anyhow.

-Mach2 GT keeps the processor colder.

but

-Vapochill LS is able to handle more heat.

The newer revision of the Vapo is tuned differently; lower max heat load but lower temps. Both rated for 180w now, IIRC.

ok so if i got one of the org units then it would be more tuned for heat load then actual temps? i just bought this unit off of a member in here and i cant wait. right now i run a mach1 and its just not enough for this x2 4600 the heat just takes over after time....

peace perc,

Back