• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Many Songs and Artists don't show up in Xbox 360 when streaming from a computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

I set up windows media connect and got my 360 connected to my PC, and it can stream music now, but for some reason, a lot of stuff doesnt show up in the Xbox. For example, under Albums, it only shows the first 22 albums (in alphabetical order) on my PC and not the rest of the 72 I have. Instead, after "Frail Words Collapse", it just shows 50 blank spots. When I click on one, it just says "no songs found". However, under "Artists", it has all of the artists I have on my computer, and when I click on one, it shows all of their albums just fine. And then under "Songs", it only shows the first 6! Whats going on? Its not reading ID3 tags, I checked that. The only other thing I can think of is that its just not streaming all the info it can. Help?

Don't have an exact answer, but from reading a few things on xbs it looks like something similar is going on with Ipods and stuff. Maybe its from the latest update and has to do with digital rights. I hope not.

Only thing I can think of is that the 360 will not play anything with DRM. None of my AACs with DRM show up, the ones without do and play just fine.

For iPods, there's a download in the Marketplace. As to why you can't see music, I don't know. I can play DRM music, stream radio, etc. without a problem.

Back