• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max Payne 3 - FPS comparison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

What are other people getting for FPS on their systems running the graphics at MAX/DX11 (Pun intended).

Max Payne 3 Runs poorly on my new system. If I remember correctly, on my old i5 750 w/ my 7970 and graphics at max, I did not notice any issues when playing the game.

If you look'it my sig below, this is what I am running MP3 on at present and my frames are low 20's and thats w/ tessellation at normal. If I turn off tessellation i'll get 30fps on average but it still drops to the 20's. Thats pretty lame. Ive got a new Haswell CPU Oc'd to 4.2ghz and a video card that ran the game really good before. Is the game that demanding or is something amiss?

Metro 2033 and crysis 2 (dx11/enhanced graphics) are pretty demanding and Im getting 60fps at full settings.

I was looking at what other owners of a 7970 (vanilla) were getting in Max Payne 3 w/ max settings....30fps seemed about the lowest.
Take a look at this chart:
5zkm.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
So...My memory was correct, I was getting high FPS when playing on my old CPU.
Now I am lucky if I can get 30fps as the highest frame rate.
Since this is a new build, I am wondering if something is amiss or needs tweaking. Perhaps Max payne 3 just does not play nice with my machine.
and yes, I have the latest Radeon Drivers
Any ideas?

edit: I just tried Metro 2033 and I am getting 40-60 FPS in the Prologue at full settings DX11 w/ Tessellation. So its gotta be an issue w/ Max Payne 3

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback.....I am still baffled why it runs so slow for me.
Are you guys all running it on DX11 w/ the highest graphics?
I dont want to change to an older driver just for one game, but that could be the problem.

Back