• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Modestly overclocking my Phenom II X4 965 Processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When you say the ram is set to manufacturer's specs do you mean the specs the XMP specs?

trents said:
When you say the ram is set to manufacturer's specs do you mean the specs the XMP specs?
The specs printed on the box the ram came in
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231313
i also have it set to 1.5v ddr3 1600, in the bios
i just set the ram back to 9-9-9-24 (defaults to 9-9-9-28) and it booted with my overclock, not sure what happened, i turned it on this morning and i got no display on the screen, there was no hdd activity on the case led, waited a minute and help the power button, rebooted and got the error then went into setup/bios, exited without changing anything, it booted at 3.4GHz, and i posted here, rebooted set ram to auto timings, and it booted with 3.7GHz, rebooted later and set the memory to 9-9-9-24 and it booted
edit:
i used suspend to ram and came back later and it would not come on when i woke it, rebooted and got the error again, set the memory to auto and still have 3.7GHz
edit: clearly not my ram settings, all over-clocking is off, wonder if it will behave now

Last edited:
Should i make a new thread? Titled Suddenly overclocking failed (after 6 months)
i have not changed any of the hardware aside from a hot swap rack that gets different HDDs plugged in it from time to time, it is nothing fancy
EDIT:
i disabled all my OC settings, and ran it for a little while and used suspend a few times, then reapplied my OC settings, it booted and i have used suspend twice and so far so good
It would really suck if my mobo was failing, it would be a real PITA to take the system apart then pay RMA shipping, and screw up all my wire management (which took hours)

Last edited:
Back