• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (MS-7025) Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Socket 754 doesn't do DC from what I know. As long as you have a s939 then you can do DC, even with 4 equal sticks.

g0dM@n said:
They make single-sided 512s????

Only a few companies does, but I haven't heard about any TCCD/UTT based single sided stuff, so what should I answer to this? Yes? No? :D If there comes single sided 512MB stuff on my face somewhere, I'll let you know.

HeXenViRii said:
Could I run dual channel with 4 of the same sticks ?

... with a newcastle ?

Well, it depends, is 1T command rate requirement for you? If it isn't, then there should be no problem. I'm sure you know how much 2T command rate impacts to memory performance? :eh?:

EDIT

g0dM@n said:
Socket 754 doesn't do DC from what I know. As long as you have a s939 then you can do DC, even with 4 equal sticks.

Socket 754, huh? I thought all the K8N Neo2 are Socket 939 :D
He can get the dual channel with 4 sticks, yes. But 2T command time is overkill :(

Ok its 3:40 and i work at 7 ive been up alllllll ****ing night tring to figure out how to get this ****ing thing at 2.7 or anything over 2.4 but i cant get more then 245 fsb
everyone keeps telling me dividers !!!!!!!!
all the dividers in the bios underclock it i need a 5/6 or someting or if someone knows what i have to do please help im about to ****ing throuw this thing out the window

sorry if i sound like a total **** head but ive been tring to find out how to do this and im getting nowhere.

spydeymon, are you sure you are using right SATA-ports? Somehow that was first thing that popped up on my mind.

Ok what does sata have to do with finding how to get a 5/6 divider.
second im not using sata drives there ata 133 in the ide port
Ill say it onemore time :) i set the fsb to 245 cpu ratio is at 9 htt x4 this gives me 2205 mhz
how am i supose to get the cpu higher if i have no more fsb to play with.

lol, I'm truly truly sorry, I was a bit tired so I read it all wrong :D Go to BIOS, Cell Menu -> Max Memclock -> 166.

Btw, take a look at the first post, it reads there too :p

so if i set the max memclock to 166 my cpu doesnt get higher then when its at 200?
do i up the fsb more now ?
fsb shows 245 do i raise this now. and if so how high?
man this isnt as easy as those mobiles :)

Zebbo said:
Socket 754, huh? I thought all the K8N Neo2 are Socket 939 :D
He can get the dual channel with 4 sticks, yes. But 2T command time is overkill :(

He said that he had a newcastle so I was thinking s754. Btw, I had a K8N NEO2 myself, so I'm quite familiar about it. :)

It makes it seem cooler. I sold the neo2 I had a few months ago to a friend, and when I went to his place the other night he's like "show my friends how you pull up that extra stuff in the bios..." thinking it was all cool. I felt like such a dweeb.

Question, I thought that I read somewhere that the Nvidia Gart drivers were not recommended if you were using XP sp2? Anbody else heard anything about issues with the gart drivers and SP2?

What the heck do the Gart Drivers do anyways?

Btw,

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Zebbo said:
Q: I have (example) KHX3000 BH-5 sticks and I need to have a 1:1 divider, how can I do this?
A: There's problem (according on Asus report) on AMD64's integrated memory controller, so ram sticks without 3200 SPD information this cannot be done through BIOS, however, with A64Tweaker it's possible to "force" 1:1 divider so you can use your FSB and memory with synchronized speed. Run A64Tweaker, and select MEMCLK Frequency: 200 and hit 'Set'. If you're facing instability or your PC freezes up after you have done this, reset your PC and when you're back on the Windows, run A64 Tweaker and select first Refresh Rate (Tref): 200MHz 15.6us and then select MEMCLK Frequency: 200 and press 'Set'. Now you're running your FSB / MEM with synchronized speed.

refresh rate (tref) is currently set to 166mhz 1.39us in a64 tweaker.do i have to change that to 200mhz 15.6us at the same time as setting the memclk freq from 166mhz to 200mhz in order to force 1:1 ratio without instability?

Last edited:
RAMMAN said:
refresh rate (tref) is currently set to 166mhz 1.39us in a64 tweaker.do i have to change that to 200mhz 15.6us at the same time as setting the memclk freq from 166mhz to 200mhz in order to force 1:1 ratio without instability?
Yes, that's correct. If it doesn't work at the very worst the system will freeze and you have to reboot.

[-NM-] KB said:
Question, I thought that I read somewhere that the Nvidia Gart drivers were not recommended if you were using XP sp2? Anbody else heard anything about issues with the gart drivers and SP2?
I have heard that as well but many people use them without a problem.

g0dM@n said:
What the heck do the Gart Drivers do anyways?
The GART drivers drive your Gart, silly.:)
Graphics Address Relocation Table (GART)
It's for the AGP controller.

Sorry, I was too lazy to put three quotes on one post.

rseven said:
Yes, that's correct. If it doesn't work at the very worst the system will freeze and you have to reboot.

it worked! memtest and prime stable.1:1 ratio has provided me a good 800 point increase in 3dmark01 and 200 in 3dmark03, placing it just shy of my old intel setup at stock speed :-/ .pity it just froze when i tried 1t mode :( .and dual channel will require a hardware upgrade.so from here only raising the htt or upgrading will net me a noticeable performance boost.

Last edited:
Seems like you have got something to talk about in these few months, congratz! :beer:

I haven't been watching this thread lately cause my hands are full of work to do :( Sorry for that. Btw, as for now can I ask is there anything new I should add on the first post for information?

Back