• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MW2, how many of you actually bought it now and went back on your trash talking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This game is so much fun it was so worth the $60 if your a console gamer. I been playing it non stop you guys cry about every little thing that isn't perfect. Guess what, no game is ever gonna be perfect its about the substance, if the game is fun then what the hell just play it and stop whining.

I don't believe anyone is complaining about the console versions. matchmaking seems to work pretty well for consoles where there is less community, less/no hackers, no mod, but thats just it the console is not the PC. PC has different wants and needs, what we are asking for is not difficult to implement.

I have officially started to trash talk the LENGTH of the single player, I've read 4-6 hours.

That is weak. I expect 10-12 hours being the norm.

I would have to agree with you on this. If it is only 4-6 hours, it is too short for a $60 game.

Dragon age is too long, someone told me its like 100 hours, I've come to feel the best length games are ones like batman AA or Uncharted 2 , they hit that 10-12 hour sweet spot where I can finish the game in 2-3 days and feel like I accomplished something and enjoyed a great story.

I don't mind the 100 hour games. At least you are getting your money's worth. If you get tired/bored of it, just leave it for a while. I don't think I would ever bash a good game because it was long. Now, short, yes, definitely.

Dragon age is too long, someone told me its like 100 hours, I've come to feel the best length games are ones like batman AA or Uncharted 2 , they hit that 10-12 hour sweet spot where I can finish the game in 2-3 days and feel like I accomplished something and enjoyed a great story.
It's also like crack. You'll wonder where your 30 hours went over the the weekend.

And also not 100 hours for one playthrough - maybe 2 or 3, and there appear to be enough content in there that each playthrough can go really differently.

I don't see how a game can be too long. I love really long games, I put so many hours into morrowind when it came out, probably well over 200-300 hours.

These games are never to be played just for their singleplayer anyway. I never even finished World at War. It's all about the multiplayer.

I haven't bought COD:MW2 and probably won't. I held out on buying COD4 until a deal was posted for $20 or $30, and that's about what it was worth. Never even touched the online play, but got probably 20 hours worth of use out of the single player mode.

From what I've heard, this new one is way shorter and for $60 it just seems like a stupid thing to buy, especially considering the console port smell around it.

To whom it may concern: IT ROCKS! I got it for my 360 (because of the problems with the pc version), and I am 100 percent satisfied. Probably the best game I have played.

I have not, and will not be buying this unless a patch brings back the true PC experience.

And for those hinting at playing a pirate copy, I refuse to even do that. Some of the local LAN admins are discussing the possibility of banning it at our LANs as the lack of a dedicated server really hurts us for our larger events.

I have not, and will not be buying this unless a patch brings back the true PC experience.

And for those hinting at playing a pirate copy, I refuse to even do that. Some of the local LAN admins are discussing the possibility of banning it at our LANs as the lack of a dedicated server really hurts us for our larger events.
I've read that it behaves pretty stupidly for multiple computers behind a single NAT, for that matter.

I mean, yeah, programming networking to work around that is hard, but if IWNet is really supposed to be a step up, a complete replacement - you better be able to handle these things.

EDIT: We have way too many MW2 threads right now, I think :p. I count 5 active threads, 4 of them being *****-threads.

Last edited:
If CoD6 had dedicated servers, I'd be happy. Matchmaking just simply wont work because I live in New Zealand where broadband is barely fast and uploads speeds are marginally faster than dial up.
exactly the point i've also been trying to point out!
i'm close by to you, Australia.
we have $hi**y internet speeds here, and it's just nonsense trying to connect to say an American host.
anybody outside America is just going to suffer (those with dial up/adsl1 anyway).

EDIT: no surprise 4 of them are *****-threads. there's just so much to ***** about =p
you'd hope some IWnet representative (anonymous of course) would browse through any forum and see what PC gamers are actually thinking.

how will that work? at a LAN event everyone will have to connect to the internet to play someone they are sitting next to?

how will that work? at a LAN event everyone will have to connect to the internet to play someone they are sitting next to?

That is part of the reason we are talking about a full boycot of the game. As it stands now the measures being put in place to "fight piracy" are already limiting our venue choices to those that have internet access so that we can connect our LAN... L A N ...games. With the removal of controlled servers being added on top of that, and no dev console on top of that, this game is all but shutting the doors and/or increasing the cost for our events.

I really wish we could get a movement going to get other LAN admins to back this. If we could get state by state announcements that the game would be banned from ALL LAN events I don't think the devs could avoid it any longer. If you look at the ammount of exposure events like PDXLAN, QuakeCON, Digital Overlord, and so on give companies like IW and Activision through on site advertising and magazine exposure after the event...

Anyway, I would like to hear some of your feedback on this as I truly feel that it is time that the PC community stepped up and made it KNOWN that we do not want the console experience.

haven't bought it and ain't gonna buy it! IW kicked the pc communuty in the teeth. i'll just wait for bad company 2, or go fishin'!

I bought the game despite pointing out its flaws. The game is really good tbh but there are still problems with it. I really like the various server communities, mods, custom maps, dedicated servers, lag, and competitive play. Lag isn't a big issue but from time to time it is a problem (especially on 9v9). If mw2 had dedicated servers instead of p2p it would be an amazing game. It doesn't have those so it ends up just being another good game.

One of the people I know gave me a brilliant review of it today. "It's like a huge hunk of COD gold wrapped in Halo Sh**"

It should be noted that I do like the gameplay in halo, but everytime I play it for more than about 2-3 matches I start getting ticked off at the matchmaking system.

Back