• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MW2, how many of you actually bought it now and went back on your trash talking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Spectre, that is an amazing analogy and I have the exact same issue with Halo... I hate the matchmaking systems in Halo.

If MW2 had Dedicated servers that were tied in to matchmaking, if I wanted a quick game, I would absolutely go for the matchmaking, to at least give it a shot before I begin looking through the server browser.

I finally tried the MP last night. Let me preface this by saying that I am not a hardcore FPS. I'm not in a clan and pretty much suck at FPS. I only played for short bit, needed to go out, but I thought it was fine. I got in a game really quickly. Scored a few kills, died a few times. I didn't notice any lag.

Overall the experience was fine and I'll try it again over the weekend.

Didn't buy it and won't and couldn't care less if they won't make 5 hour long singleplayer games for PC anymore, it probably take 10 hours to beat on consoles anyway with the controller.

Someone on my steam friends changed their name to "Play MW2 - I delete you from list" lol

Our local lan group banned MW2 from the list, they wont even let the game in the shop :)

I dont own it and wont buy it. This includes the x360 as well. Bad company 2 :)

I have not got it yet due to MP, man custom maps and mods in COD and BF are the main reasons why these games last not supporting this could mean a short life span for the game.

I have not got it yet due to MP, man custom maps and mods in COD and BF are the main reasons why these games last not supporting this could mean a short life span for the game.

Custom maps are cool and all but they are often lacking in quality imho. The IW maps are amazing and I believe they plan on having DLC map packs. These will probably cost $10 like on xbox360 which suck. If the maps are as good as the ones available now a map pack might be worth the money.

Nope, I stick to my guns. There's too many games to play and too little time, boycotting Activision-Blizzard isn't that big a deal. Though it's unfortunate that I'll also have to give Diablo III and StarCraft 2 a pass unless the company seriously changes their practices and attitude. But Blizzard hasn't done anything since WC3 and I loathe WoW so who knows if those games will shape up to be worth playing anyway.

It's decent on 360 but sucks on PC, I only paid $15 for my 360 copy (Gift Cards FTW). I had fun with the single player and played it on Hardened, it was about 8-9 hours total it said. I'll replay it now on Vet and get all the intel laptops.

Spec Ops COOP is fun and I'm sure I'll get some replay value with the multiplayer. I don't think the game is worth $60 though, especially on PC after seeing my friend get it...pure garbage on PC. Oh well everyone was warned ahead of time how bad the PC version was going to be.

I'm waiting for a Zombie mode add-on, then I'll buy it. I still haven't beat COD4 or WaW. :salute:

Singleplayer was worth every cent I thought. Haven't tried multiplayer yet, not too sure how it'll work finding servers in little ol' NZ.

I'm not a huge fan of high pings :p

I didn't buy it lol saving that cash for my l4d2 preorder. Also my daughter was just born on the 13th so l4d2 will probably be the last game i get till next year lol. So between mw2 and l4d2 i'll take l4d2 anyday of the week.

I bought it but i never trash talked it.
I signed the petition to bring back dedicated servers, but i never was going to boycott it.
I think its a wonderful FPS. Best Single player campaign for a shooter i have played.

Nope, I stick to my guns. There's too many games to play and too little time, boycotting Activision-Blizzard isn't that big a deal. Though it's unfortunate that I'll also have to give Diablo III and StarCraft 2 a pass unless the company seriously changes their practices and attitude. But Blizzard hasn't done anything since WC3 and I loathe WoW so who knows if those games will shape up to be worth playing anyway.

Yeah its definently going to be interesting how they handle diablo 3 and starcraft 2.

We never had to play to pay on those games, and i dont intend on starting to.

Back