• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MW2, how many of you actually bought it now and went back on your trash talking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know, kinda goes with the earlier Steam stats link...

Xfire has this game as the 2nd most played game right now, followed by CoD 4 in the #3 spot. In fact, the hours now show...

World of Warcraft -- 294,408 hours
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 -- 215,328 hours
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare -- 171,534 hours

I don't think it would beat the #1 World of Warcraft, but it is certainly edging out CoD 4. So, somehow I don't think Activision will bring dedicated servers back... ever. They did just fine removing it.

Pity too.

i think that has a lot to do with mw2 just came out so every one is playing it.
while cod4 has been out for a while so the people that play it probably dont play it as much as they probably split the time between that game and others.

I bought it, never talked trash about it tho.

The main reason I picked it up was because I saw an amazing opportunity. Was at Best Buy earlier today and went to check it out and saw that they mispriced the game at 34.99, on the tag under the game, but had a 59.99 tag ON the game (sticker) So i took the tag that was under it where it was located to the register and talked to them and because it was tagged at that they were obligated to give it to me for that said price.

Turned out that the tag was for MW2 LE strategy guide.. but there were no guides around it and was under the game.

Soo.. i saved 25$

I havent bought it yet after cancelling my pre order. Thats not to say Im not chomping at the bit to purchase it however.....

The dedicated server crack intrigues me, I plan on paying attention to how that plays out and also keeping tabs on weather IW plans on charging for online play and evaluating if I buy it again at the beginning january pending how those to things turn out.

As I've posted in the other couple threads about MW2, I bought it for PC and it has been a decent time. The single player appears to be short, but it is actually pretty difficult on the normal setting (I keep getting killed while zig-zagging my way through the city)... but without the dedicated servers it is probably a bit laggier than if it were but it really isn't too bad from the 8 hours or however long I've played it.

Cant connect to online multiplayer, whenever I try it says that it cant connect to online to steam, and sometimes before the game is launched I get a steam connect error saying that it cant connect to the Steam Cloud *sigh* hope they fix this soon, or post up a fix on their boards. Last time i tried checking I couldnt find a solution

*edit* didnt see the required ports for MW2 on the steam boards, gonna try that later when I get home

no doubt its fun, MW1 is fun online , especially grenade kills from far away :D

i just don't agree with the price / support / lack of options the PC version gets.

I got 1 hour to play last night and I love the single player (I got it on xbox though - I dont think its worth getting on PC since it will just be a last minute port by the sounds of things)

but there is no doubt this is short - I hear there are 18missions and I have gone through 5 missions and thats on veteran :/ so even on the hardest difficulty I seem to be on track for 4 hours.

It is also not very difficult yet :( I am hoping that will change

yet to experience spec ops and multiplayer - that I can't wait for :D

Got it on the 360...
Not sure if I complained about it before, I do remember signing the petitions.

But I was starved for a good game, and this is satisfying me for now.
I keep wanting to try Left for Dead 2, but I dont have the $$ for it yet...I do plan to get Assians Creed 2 when I get bored with COD:MW2 and L4D2...all on the 360. Mainly because its getting winter time and Ill get to bring the 360 to work on freezing slow nights....

Got it on the 360...
Not sure if I complained about it before, I do remember signing the petitions.

But I was starved for a good game, and this is satisfying me for now.
I keep wanting to try Left for Dead 2, but I dont have the $$ for it yet...I do plan to get Assians Creed 2 when I get bored with COD:MW2 and L4D2...all on the 360. Mainly because its getting winter time and Ill get to bring the 360 to work on freezing slow nights....
How can you say you don't have the $ for L4D2 when you bought MW2? :confused:

How can you say you don't have the $ for L4D2 when you bought MW2? :confused:

Some people keep a tight budget. Like me, I keep a really tight budget when it comes to games. I decided to not buy MW2, and also deciding to wait till January for L4D2. That frees up some money to purchase some other games, or keep it aside for later.

Sad part is, most of the people who are boycotting IW/MW2 are going on primarily about how it doesn't have dedicated servers, but have not played it. They judge the game, when they have not played it, and they know that it does have some form of entertainment.

Sad part is, most of the people who are boycotting IW/MW2 are going on primarily about how it doesn't have dedicated servers, but have not played it. They judge the game, when they have not played it, and they know that it does have some form of entertainment.

How about alot of people who are boycotting it are doing so because they play competitively and there is no way in hell iwnet is going to allow it ( LAN event of mw2 failing for example). Along with many other reasons. I've played it briefly, and it was nothing special. The MP is going to be dead in a month or two.

I just can't understand how people think CoD4 and this were the greatest things ever. When in reality, its mindless deathmatch 2008/2009. Except now its reduced to 9v9 and no dedicated server mindless deathmatch.

Back