• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MW2, how many of you actually bought it now and went back on your trash talking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sad part is, most of the people who are boycotting IW/MW2 are going on primarily about how it doesn't have dedicated servers, but have not played it. They judge the game, when they have not played it, and they know that it does have some form of entertainment.

There is a guy on our local board that keeps using this argument. You fail to realise that most of us agree that there is probably a great game in MW2. The reason we are boycotting it is the decisions that were made in the production of the game. For me those decisions are a continuing slide down a slippery slope that is hurting PC gaming as a whole. I felt that it was time I stopped giving in, and just going with the flow. If they are doing something I don't support then I won't be supporting them either.

I just can't understand how people think CoD4 and this were the greatest things ever. When in reality, its mindless deathmatch 2008/2009. Except now its reduced to 9v9 and no dedicated server mindless deathmatch.

bingo that's why my money was on l4d2 lol That will put some hair on your balls.
Midnight riders 4 life!

I liked the communities that some dedicated servers had. Logging on regularly to "see" and play with people u "know". well u get my point. Now with the way its set up its almost completely anonymous for me, as non of my friends play FPS

I just can't understand how people think CoD4 and this were the greatest things ever. When in reality, its mindless deathmatch 2008/2009. Except now its reduced to 9v9 and no dedicated server mindless deathmatch.

Yeah, except not everybody plays deathmatch. And those are the ones boycotting it.

Dragon age is too long, someone told me its like 100 hours, I've come to feel the best length games are ones like batman AA or Uncharted 2 , they hit that 10-12 hour sweet spot where I can finish the game in 2-3 days and feel like I accomplished something and enjoyed a great story.

If it took them 100 hours to beat Dragon Age, they suck at RPGs. (IMO)

It took me about 30 hours of gameplay, and that's with doing every side-quest I obtained. If anything, I feel the story was too short. It could have been better. Epic game, just too... Condensed.

Then again, I'm the guy that used to spend hundreds of hours playing Final Fantasy 7. Though, I admit, it takes an awful lot to get me into games like that these days. Mass Effect got me hooked like in the old days, and Dragon Age did, too. I even skipped a couple classes and called in sick to one of my jobs so I could finally beat the damned game (I was that addicted!).

:comp:

How can you say you don't have the $ for L4D2 when you bought MW2? :confused:

Because I have a kid and woman to provide christmas for as well as bills?

I originally sold my 360 just to pay some bills awhile back, and just this past week got it back. Thanks to some friends. Ill play the hell out of COD:MW2 and then move on to L4D2...I probably wont get to AC2 till like Feburary....IF that.

So far for me, on the 360, COD:MW2 has been good a game. I dont know why some people compar it to Halo...I dont much care for Halo online...except for Halo 1 PC...

Oh yeah, I did beat the single player today. To try and help get my skills up online. It was pretty good, a little short...but theres only so much you can fit on a dual layer DVD.

Because I have a kid and woman to provide christmas for as well as bills?

I originally sold my 360 just to pay some bills awhile back, and just this past week got it back. Thanks to some friends. Ill play the hell out of COD:MW2 and then move on to L4D2...I probably wont get to AC2 till like Feburary....IF that.

So far for me, on the 360, COD:MW2 has been good a game. I dont know why some people compar it to Halo...I dont much care for Halo online...except for Halo 1 PC...

Oh yeah, I did beat the single player today. To try and help get my skills up online. It was pretty good, a little short...but theres only so much you can fit on a dual layer DVD.
I was mainly confused because I thought you said you couldn't afford L4D2...and then went and bought MW2, which is more expensive.

I just played through the singleplayer of this today, multiplayer is meh [as it always has been for Call of Duty titles IMHO] but the singleplayer is FAR superior to that of any other FPS ever released. In fact Id and Valve better raise their game if they ever want to make a single player game again. Physics puzzles with novelty weapons aren't going to cut it after this epic cinematic experience.

I was mainly confused because I thought you said you couldn't afford L4D2...and then went and bought MW2, which is more expensive.

Ah ok, My bad dude... :thup: I never even realized LFD2 was cheaper, I actually had it on reserve but didnt have $$$ for it the night of release. Then my friends (4 of them) encoruaged me to get COD:MW2 after getting my 360 back...

I did play the demo and done better in it than I have been doing in COD:MW2...not that Im not having a blast..but smacking a zombie in the head with a frying pan is something thats hard to beat. LOL

Anyway, Im up to leave 21 (finally) online... :salute:
Me and a friend was doing good facing one clan with random teamates.....Until the left, and another clam came in and then we started getting our *** handed to us...

Last edited:
http://kotaku.com/5409738/modern-warfare-2-selling-just-fine-on-pc

pc is only 3% of the total sales. Actually way lower then the last article i read.
Instead of starting a new thread cause their are a million cod mw 2 threads just figured i'd pour more gas on this one lol.

But yes it's funny how many people i see even on my own steam list that are playing it when they said "F*** IT!" not mad it's just a game lol and yes for the pc community it's a crappy path to take but well world revolves around money and the money just isn't here anymore, I got about 30 people on my friends list and my buddy at his house has like 80 lol basicly 80% of them are playing MW2 half the time on 360 the other's usually l4d2 :)
I had put a little bit of thought possibly picking me up a micro atx box to hook to my tv in the living room to play games on pc again after i get my bonus check but just don't seem worth the cash anymore instead gonna pick up a ps3 to keep my 360 company :)

Aren't you in Afghanistan? Or is it the guy I always confuse you for? "Twiggle, or Twiddler or whatever that dude's name is...)

ANYWAY...

Somebody actually GAVE me this game. (They finished the single player in one night and said they HATED the multiplayer.)

I was reluctant to even put it on my hard drive... but figured I could lambaste it even harder if I'd actually played the PC version.

I played most of the 360 version at Best Buy on release day and wasn't particularly impressed.

The PC version looks GORGEOUS in comparison (I'm in the middle of the ice level now. To me the opening of that scene is better than the entire ice level in Crysis) but there's just no SUBSTANCE to be had in the game.

I'm playing on Hardened because I get bored to easy playing any game on Normal these days... and I'd be too annoyed playing on Veteran.

Games have really come a long... LOOOOOOOONG way since COD4. Most games offer so much more to do nowadays... Even Uncharted 2... which is UNQUESTIONABLY a single player game with a multiplayer tacked on... winds up being less linear and there are more ways to go about your objectives.

Modern Warfare 2 in single player is nothing more than the evolution of rail shooters like Operation Wolf... or Terminator 2.

There's only ONE WAY to go through the levels. Even COD4 comtemporary Crysis gave you more options in terms of completing objectives. (You could sneak, you could go in guns blazing, you could MUSCLE your way in... And you got to choose points of penetration and an exit strategy as well... in Modern Warfare 2 you're going the direction they want you to go.)

I'm really as disappointed with the single player version of MW2 as I was with GTAIV. (I don't give a damned if you HATED San Andreas: there was a hell of a lot more to do. So why would the NEXT Generation version have less?)

In a year where so many games went out of their way to push the industry forward... it seems like all MW2 tried to do was cash in.

One of the better games I have played, I really enjoyed the single player mode.

Its an all around nice looking game too. i would rate it 5/5.

sounds liek there are too many console fan boys hating on the pc version. idk why.

One of the better games I have played, I really enjoyed the single player mode.

Its an all around nice looking game too. i would rate it 5/5.

sounds liek there are too many console fan boys hating on the pc version. idk why.

5/5 with no comment on the multiplayer? That's credible. What major things separate it from COD4?

Don't forget to mention the constant interruptions when a host leaves. Nothing more realistic, immersive, incredible, whathaveyou than the game freezing for X amount of seconds to assign a new host while you're in the middle of a firefight.

I kind of feel like right around 2005, after Halo 2 was very successful, I stopped being the target market for video games. Its not that I have changed, I still enjoy the same type of games. But the video game companies started publishing more games that were geared toward a different, more casual crowd. I also think that this is one of reasons that whenever I go to a LAN party these days, most of the time we end up playing older games.

Well, I finished the single player yesterday.

Went through on veteran. It took around 4-5hours total. So it is very, very short. if you run through on regular you will be running at around 3 hours I guess.

But I loved it, one of the very few games that has kept me occupied all the way through. The story is dire to say the least but it keeps the style of play varied, snipe levels, run and spray levels along with also vehicle chases, ice climbs. Alsothe locations are suitably varied.

All in all I loved the single player.

Spec ops - great fun, some of them can be quite challenging - I'v done about 50% so far - as with the campaign whenever the choice I jump straight into veteran.

multiplayer - on the xbox its great fun, its so easy and fun just to randomly log on and find people to play against - it works just as well as cod4 which I loved.

I however purposfully bought it on xbox as the PC version sounds like from every angle a bad port. So really the benefits of cod6 are really just console vs PC which has been argued to death over the years.

I'm happy with the purchase :)
8/10 for the game from me although I am still crazy new to the multiplayer, we will see how it stacks up over time.

You know what ****es me off? How you can't switch off the music. You just get volume control for everything and THAT'S IT. I don't care if you spent millions getting Hans Pirate Zimmer to create the score, it is extremely unoriginal and often sounds like Pirates of the Caribbean looping over and over and over.

Yeah my big criticism of the single player was that the story was about on a par with something Michael Bay might have pulled out of his ***.

Why can't the storyline of all action movies and games be like Children of Men, cynical, realistic and without transformers or traitorous generals?

But the gameplay didn't let up, I don't think I breathed out until I had played it for about a half hour. In retrospect Rainless was right about the lack of open endedness, but while I was playing I barely even noticed it because I was so caught up in the action.

You know what ****es me off? How you can't switch off the music. You just get volume control for everything and THAT'S IT. I don't care if you spent millions getting Hans Pirate Zimmer to create the score, it is extremely unoriginal and often sounds like Pirates of the Caribbean looping over and over and over.

Now that's a great piece of criticism... people are complaining about the lack of dedicated servers... or the single player is too short...

Here we have Neural.... complaining about the music... not a fan of pirates then....? J/K

I'll go hide now....:chair:

Got it on PC, but hear me out.

First of all, it was $45 from where I got it, an acceptable price for a game with as great a multiplayer as it has.

Secondly, I don't really use mods for CoD so no dedicated servers wasn't an issue for me.

Oh, and everyone who got it for PC is reasonably mature, and few (if ever) grenade launcher spammers. Overall a more rewarding experience.

The only thing I felt detracted from the full experience was no nazi zombies/other mode such. I suppose Special Ops takes care of it, but NZ's a helluva lot of fun.

Back