• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED My All-Out PC Build. Thoughts? Suggesstions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Listen to them on the PSU. I purchased this one because I wanted one that was fully modular and I'm planning on doing adding quite a few more things such as another GTX 780 for triple-monitor gaming. Truthfully, I could have gone with one with a much smaller rating, even with the planned upgrades I have.

I will tell you, though, that everything about this PSU has impressed me. From packaging, to looks, to cabling... it's all top-notch. So, I'd recommend this brand and series without hesitation, but you could easily go down a couple of steps and have more power than you'd need.

Yeah, I am listening to them and getting a lower wattage. I was jw if there was a reason for all the ppl carrying such PSU's when their requirements only require a fraction of the power :p

Probably 20% "I might need it some day" and 80% "Cool... I bought the biggest one they had". LOL

Last edited:
Are you even planning on doing multiple cards?

Really, 4770K, ASUS Z87-A, 16GB of 1600 RAM, one or two 780s, PSU to match, WC the whole thing, can't be more than $2500.

+1!!! Lol.

Going 'all out' seems like a good idea. But why bother when you can be conservative, get the same performance, and leave money for later upgrades as technology changes?

The level 10 gt far as I'm concerned is an air cooling case. I'd stick to air. A pair of evga or Asus dcuii 780s (in future. You'd probably only need one for now). And a 256/512gb Samsung pro 840 ssd as boot for your main games. And all steam games should be on your hdd. I'd just grab a 1tb Wd black in your case.

Sorry if i missed it, but let me ask anyway, Are you going for a large overclock? If not, why are you liquid cooling a system like this that is not going to get a major overclock to warrant it? A nice Noctua cooler for the CPU would be better off in terms of keeping the vrm's etc cool in addition to the processor. And the L10 case you have is great at air cooling.....

Sorry for introducing another can of worms but i had to clarify that :chair:

Generally, water cooling properly done is waaay quieter, that is just as big of a benefit as performance.

However, it can't be done as well as anyone would wish in that case...I'd just go for high end air cooling.

In Germany they don't believe in Air Conditioners so the ambient temperature is very high in the summers.

but the main reason is simply because it seems like a fun project :D .

e/ I live on an Air Force Base and we don't even have air conditioners in our buildings except for places with critical equipment.

As someone with probably the loudest case in the universe(Cooler Master HAF X with all fans turned up to the max plus my EVGA 680 Signature 2 cranked to full and my NH-D14 running at 75% idle and cranking up to 100% under load) I say to heck with noise, the average fish tank makes more noise than my pc :p

lol. or maybe there were a few misguided souls who actually thought they needed it (like me) :p .

well.. I think I found a good bracket/mount for a radiator on the back:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9...HX001P.html?tl=g30c637s1731&id=pyWTjWFB#blank

this should fix my liquid cooling problems and allow me to get dual 780's :p

I think there's quite a few misguided souls on this forum and elsewhere who think they need WAY more power than they do. A lot of people think they need 1000W+ for anything over a mid-range video card. People are crazy and don't do their homework.

Here at 3:30 is what I was initially thinking about for my water cooling. However, this just seems impossible. cooling cpu/ 2 x gpu with only 1 x 240 and 1 x 120 radiators :G .

Last edited:
I mean it would work, but your temperatures would be pretty terrible.

That video is also by CyberPowerPC, they're a store. They're more focused on getting you to buy it more than it working well. :p

I mean it would work, but your temperatures would be pretty terrible.

That video is also by CyberPowerPC, they're a store. They're more focused on getting you to buy it more than it working well. :p

yeah. I figured. Guess I'm going to have to go with a 360 on outside back and 240 on inside top. Cpu Requires 2 120's gpu require a 120 each. and then an extra 120 just in case :D .

yeah. I figured. Guess I'm going to have to go with a 360 on outside back and 240 on inside top. Cpu Requires 2 120's gpu require a 120 each. and then an extra 120 just in case :D .

...that's not how you do it. You have a LOT more research to do about water cooling. You gotta calculate the heat load for all of your parts, set a goal dT, and find tests on your radiators that show the heatload dissipated vs fan speed.

http://www.overclockers.com/guide-deltat-water-cooling/

...that's not how you do it. You have a LOT more research to do about water cooling. You gotta calculate the heat load for all of your parts, set a goal dT, and find tests on your radiators that show the heatload dissipated vs fan speed.

for the basic guide they did it the way i just mentioned :( (for choosing radiators). Ofc there was some talk about dT. that way seems to require you to buy all the parts. and if it doesn't work you have to RMA it all and buy upgrades. etc.

for the basic guide they did it the way i just mentioned :( (for choosing radiators). Ofc there was some talk about dT. that way seems to require you to buy all the parts. and if it doesn't work you have to RMA it all and buy upgrades. etc.

How were you planning to WC your GPU without making a custom water loop, which involves buying all the parts separately...?

How were you planning to WC your GPU without making a custom water loop, which involves buying all the parts separately...?

Yeah, I was going to buy them :p . But I wasn't planning to RMA unless they were broken. lol.

So this wouldn't work after all:

So, how much radiator do you need? Well, that depends on what you’re running. If an AMD or P67-based i7 CPU only loop, you could probably get away with a quality 120.1. If you plan on running an Intel i7 CPU on either the X58 or P55 platforms in its own loop, a 120.2 could probably take care of that heatload. Add anything else to either of those setups, and you’ll need more radiator. You may even want more radiator to begin with; these are bare minimums.

My personal quick and dirty rule of thumb (and this will probably be disputed) when using high quality radiators (that is important) is to use a 120.1-per-block within reason. So, if you’re running say an AMD 1090T, a chipset block and a single GPU, a quality 120.3 would give you decent temps.

Change that to an i7 (non-Sandy Bridge) and you add a significant amount of heat, as they run very hot. I’d give it its own 120.2, so if running an i7, NB block and single GPU, use at least a 120.4. Of course, there is nothing to say you have to use only one radiator. Instead of that 120.4, you could use two 120.2′s or even two 120.3′s. That’s the beauty of water cooling; it’s infinitely customizable!

Now, with that said, when it comes to radiators more is always better within reason. To give you better temps with some more breathing room, give yourself an extra 120.1 in addition to that rule. The more the merrier!

I mean, that's the quick and dirty method. That skips a LOT of information. First of all, not all radiators are equal, some can dissipate more heat than others. Some are optimized for slower fans, some need higher speed fans to work well, stuff like that.

I mean, that's the quick and dirty method. That skips a LOT of information. First of all, not all radiators are equal, some can dissipate more heat than others. Some are optimized for slower fans, some need higher speed fans to work well, stuff like that.

I understand that. Was gonna get help choosing components here :D

Back