• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED My All-Out PC Build. Thoughts? Suggesstions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Samsung EVO drives should be out soon and the 1TB MSRP is $650... can't beat that for performance near the 840 Pro, unlike the 960GB M500 which is 20-30% slower on average.

Amazing what 'all out' means to different people.... suddenly, a budget appears. :p

haha. well. i personally don't NEED 4 x titan's when they are $400 more than a 780 but performs only 20% better.

So ~$4150?

Sounds about right for the whole thing. (water cooling etc. not including mouse/monitor/keyboard/head set)

The Samsung EVO drives should be out soon and the 1TB MSRP is $650... can't beat that for performance near the 840 Pro, unlike the 960GB M500 which is 20-30% slower on average.

i may give this a try :D

RAID0 increases the chances that a volume will fail... not any individual drive, obviously. RAID has its place nowadays - in servers. When you need to maintain 99.99% uptime per SLA contracts, you go with RAID. For everything else, there's backups.

yeah.. that's what i was trying to say. Just took me more words :D

Are you even planning on doing multiple cards?

Really, 4770K, ASUS Z87-A, 16GB of 1600 RAM, one or two 780s, PSU to match, WC the whole thing, can't be more than $2500.

Really, 4770K, ASUS Z87-A, 16GB of 1600 RAM, one or two 780s, PSU to match, WC the whole thing, can't be more than $2500.

I'm worried my water loop wouldn't be able to handle 2 cards and the cpu :(

Agreed.

ASRock Z87 OC Formula

Phantek Enthoo Primo case(comes out next month)

Samsung 840 Pro 512GB / EVO 512GB/1TB

1TB / 2TB WD Caviar Black HDD

g.Skill 16GB DDR3 1600

Seasonic X850 (should be plenty for if you went dual 780 + overclock)

EVGA GTX 780 ACX (1 or 2 depending how many you feel you need ;) )

That would seem like a solid setup to me for 1440p. Of course, MSI keeps teasing the GTX 780 Lightning edition, so if you want to keep your eyes on that you can as well.

Realistically a single 360mm or 480mm radiataor will cover your cpu and 2 video cards fine, assuming you use a decent pump. Of course adding in a 2nd radiator can't hurt if you feel the need.

Agreed.

ASRock Z87 OC Formula

g.Skill 16GB DDR3 1600

That would seem like a solid setup to me for 1440p. Of course, MSI keeps teasing the GTX 780 Lightning edition, so if you want to keep your eyes on that you can as well.

Realistically a single 360mm or 480mm will cover your cpu and 2 video cards fine, assuming you use a decent pump. Of course adding in a 2nd radiator can't hurt if you feel the need.
Another great build minus the Lightning and OCFormula. Dude isnt going sub ambient so no point to pay the premium for those parts since he will not be using the features that come with the premium price. :thup:

Agreed.

ASRock Z87 OC Formula

g.Skill 16GB DDR3 1600

Realistically a single 360mm or 480mm radiataor will cover your cpu and 2 video cards fine, assuming you use a decent pump. Of course adding in a 2nd radiator can't hurt if you feel the need.

as of now I have planned for 1 120.2 and 1 120.1 (possible for a 140.1 instead of 120.1) . I don't think i can fit anymore radiators in my case

Oh come on, it's ALL OUT, get some faster RAM. 2400c9 comes to mind.
Sure it's a percent or two, but what the hell.

but idk how to oc ram :G and i read it is hard to do :p

You could get some G.Skill Trident X already at 2400 MHz,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231589

As far as rads, take a look at the case I mentioned in my post, the Enthoo Primo, it will offer plenty of room for much larger rads, but it will not be coming out until September. If I were to get another case and did not already have my Switch 810, I would be all over that Enthoo Primo case.

You could get some G.Skill Trident X already at 2400 MHz,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231587

As far as rads, take a look at the case I mentioned in my post, the Enthoo Primo, it will offer plenty of room for much larger rads, but it will not be coming out until September. If I were to get another case and did not already have my Switch 810, I would be all over that Enthoo Primo case.

I'm kind of stuck with my case ;) .

Put the rads outside the case. 1x120+1x140 isn't going to get you very far.

Oh sorry, missed the part in your first post about the case. As far as the Level10, I would just stick to air cooling in that case.

Oh sorry, missed the part in your first post about the case. As far as the Level10, I would just stick to air cooling in that case.

I could always go hybrid. (Air CPU and then get 2 780's and use the water cooling to just them). I don't think a 380 would be enough for a single i7 cpu/780

e/ as for outside of the case. the one on top will be outside of the case. and I will have to see how my mother sits before i put one on the back of the case to see how it would fit. or I would have to know how it is going to attach to the case.

I could always go hybrid. (Air CPU and then get 2 780's and use the water cooling to just them). I don't think a 380 would be enough for a single i7 cpu/780

e/ as for outside of the case. the one on top will be outside of the case. and I will have to see how my mother sits before i put one on the back of the case to see how it would fit. or I would have to know how it is going to attach to the case.

Why not a single rad connected to the back via standoffs?

http://www.aquatuning.us/product_in...ull-Copper-360mm---White-Special-Edition.html

I have a question about your build in your sig. the PSU was one of the main things I was told I needed to change. I had way too much wattage. I see builds similar to yours where they have crazy PSU's with 1K + watts but the components don't really require it. is there a reason why y'all need so much? even though my build will be similar i'm told to get a 550-600

Listen to them on the PSU. I purchased this one because I wanted one that was fully modular and I'm planning on doing adding quite a few more things such as another GTX 780 for triple-monitor gaming. Truthfully, I could have gone with one with a much smaller rating, even with the planned upgrades I have.

I will tell you, though, that everything about this PSU has impressed me. From packaging, to looks, to cabling... it's all top-notch. So, I'd recommend this brand and series without hesitation, but you could easily go down a couple of steps and have more power than you'd need.

Back