• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aox02

what guys you say? i want the classic one i dont like haswell or anything sorry :bday:

those parts can fit in my case?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($224.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-M PRO Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($314.53 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($62.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290X 4GB PCS+ Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($134.48 @ Amazon)
Total: $1421.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-28 16:17 EST-0500

I think it's foolish to buy outdated parts.
Why don't you want Haswell or Devil's Canyon? They're both superior in every way to Ivy Bridge.

You're paying about $200 too much for that motherboard just because it's obsoleted.
Also, the Trident X won't fit under the NH-D14.

Look at this build.
I've changed.... everything except the cooler.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QqxPhM

^ Much better build

Why don't you like Haswell - Devils Canyon refresh?

It is a far superior cpu and allows for future lga 1150 socket cpus. The lga 1155 is a dead socket and is being phased out because Devils Canyon is better in every way - Thermal/Performance/overclocking... the list goes on.

Last edited:
I think it's foolish to buy outdated parts.
Why don't you want Haswell or Devil's Canyon? They're both superior in every way to Ivy Bridge.

You're paying about $200 too much for that motherboard just because it's obsoleted.
Also, the Trident X won't fit under the NH-D14.

Look at this build.
I've changed.... everything except the cooler.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QqxPhM

this motherboard have the lowest DPC thats why i choose it on z97 you cant disable the HPET and USB3 ports on z77 you can disable those functions thats why i chosse z77

this motherboard have the lowest DPC thats why i choose it on z97 you cant disable the HPET and USB3 ports on z77 you can disable those functions thats why i chosse z77

I'm not sure why that matters, care to enlighten me?
If it's such a big issue for you, why not just disable it within Windows?

I'm not sure why that matters, care to enlighten me?
If it's such a big issue for you, why not just disable it within Windows?

+1

No idea why you'd want to disable that stuff anyways... Espcially on pedestrian cooling. If you were going for LN2 world records I can understand turning off all non essential hardware. Seriously, Ivy bridge? In (just about) 2015? Don't do it.

Z97/Devil's Canyon gives you

6 SATA 6gbps ports from chipset instead of 2
M.2
SATA Express
Better IHS TIM
Higher OCs on less volts (especially on 4790K)
Broadwell compatibility
An even better IMC than Ivybridge

Hpet is its own discussion honestly... but everything else aside, buying a 290x is really pointless now. The gtx 970 is cheaper, more powerful, runs cooler, and uses less power. Why pay more for less? (That applies to your entire build honestly...)

Edit: that power supply is grotesquely over kill as well.

Back