• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My error or typo across numerous sites?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

Numerous sites including, modmymods, performance-pcs and amazon list the tubing inserts for hard tubing as Silicon inserts.

I'm very much assuming that these are in fact Silicone inserts and not Silicon inserts. Silicone being the flexible heat resistant rubber used for spatulas and oven mitts and stuff, Silicon being the crystal element we make processors out of.

Normally I would assume this was just a simple error, but it's made across so many sites and so many brands that it has me doubting myself.

I'm not crazy am I? These are Silicone?

Also assuming I'm not crazy...how did this error become so prevalent?

Because people can no longer spell correctly or proofread. :p
It's a typo.

The levels of mis-education occurring in this country alone seem almost too high to be an accident. We have millions of people who think every human idiosyncrasy is a race, who believe gender isn't determined by chromosomes, and scientific fact now has to be determined by Facebook Likes and feelings. There are idiots in American colleges who think communism is a good idea! It takes some of the sting out of getting old because I'm not sure how many more years of this I can take. I feel bad for my daughter, though.

Back