• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my first intel always been AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ditch CC and use the bios. ;)

I have no idea what was originally set in the bios to compare to these results in the first place... I just see a bunch of arrows you added in, LOL!

Yes the arrows is just to show that here i can go up and down But if you think CC is not worth it then i Just uninstall it

Its works fine. My real point is that we cannot help compare settings without knowing what your bios settings are in the first place. Do you have specific questions on things you see in CC versus the bios? I think that is the best way to help you out...

Note however, that a lot of what you see are ranges and sometimes actual values. You need to be able to distinguish between the two. That will likely clear up any confusion you may have.

Well first thing would Be can I push more then 4.4 ??
2- on the base clock and ratio does it look right to you or should i go up a Little ??

last is in one of the PIC CC is reading only 1 core should I mark where it says all cores ??

Do you Personally think 4.4 is a good oc set ??

The clockspeed you want to reach is your choice (within cooling and voltage limits of course). I personally have my 4930K at 4.2Ghz 24/7. I do not need a drop more to do the things I need to do. So then the question becomes CAN YOU push to 4.4Ghz? I believe we have went over temperature and voltage limits with that CPU (1.4v/90C stress test loads) already.

BCLK I leave at 100 (it is really pointless to raise it unless you are benchmarking really). The multiplier... if it says 44 and you are at 4.4Ghz... it is right. That does not take anyone else to see truthfully.

4.4Ghz on a 4770K is fine to me, sure.

so I am set then , dont need to OC any more

But I am always curious how Hight I can go :bday::bday:

Ok I dont Get it all my settings are the same I haven't changed any thing

But out of no ware I keep getting BsoD Memory Dump whats going on ??

Thank you

Ok I dont Get it all my settings are the same I haven't changed any thing

But out of no ware I keep getting BsoD Memory Dump whats going on ??

Thank you

Why not post the minidump for us? :)
That way we can see what's going on.

Sounds like you are not truly stable I guess. How long did you stress test after you set this overclock?

Why not post the minidump for us? :)
That way we can see what's going on.

How do I do that??

Sounds like you are not truly stable I guess. How long did you stress test after you set this overclock?

It could be this stupid USB3 PCIe I moved it to the next slot last time

I just Moved it back to original slot

Ok Please look Here as soon as I change it to 4.5 it goes crazy so I was thinking it might be the Voltage witch I cant determine witch one because there are so many can you Point out witch one please

http://bayimg.com/janePaaFf

http://bayimg.com/kANecaafF

I'll ask again. Did you stress test 4.4Ghz? If so, what program did you use and for how long?

All your voltages are set to auto... what are you doing Firas? My friend, you really need to get at least a basic understanding on what you are doing. Have you read our Haswell overclocking guide (I asked this almost a month ago already, LOL!)? Please do so, again if you need to. That will tell you what voltages to change. But really where you are overclocking to, all you should need to touch is to manually set the vcore. For 4.5Ghz, I would start at 1.35v and work your way down to instability.

But yeah, properly setting things (meaning not leaving vcore on auto for example), is a good start.

Last edited:
Ok I am Back sorry I took my wife out for Dinner Now that she is Pleased on can be on my PC again :)

and yes I did run Prime 95 for almost 2 Hours on 4.4 and every thing was ok But Maybe coz I did the reinstall that has caused every thing to go to auto again

Reinstalling windows will not reset your bios to auto.

That said, sometimes 2 hours isn't enough. Sometimes 8 isn't. There really isn't a set time to run it, but clearly, you were not stable with your previous settings...

So, basically, if you didn't save an overclocking profile, you hopefully have notes on what you have tried as far as voltage and can plug those values in and get back on your feet. Id raise your voltage up one notch from what you has last and see if you still BSOD.

Last edited:
Ok It seems to me that it is Difficult for you earthdog to understand that it is Difficult for me when the words in the TUT are different in My Bios :bday:

So Here is where I stand I read the TUT again :D , It says normally I should Be able to Boot under 4.6gh and on 1.25V witch It did :D < there is a Part in The TUT it says ( No go back and set all Cores ) witch mine are set But Not sure what it means so I did as you will see in the First pictures please it this is wrong let me know so i can change it

Now as far as Ram I got it up to 1600 and that is what Mine can handle

BUT I cant find the VCCSA ?? In My Bios I have VCCIN is that the same thing ??

http://bayimg.com/HAnHcAaFF

http://bayimg.com/haNhDaAff
http://bayimg.com/HanHeAaFF

Thank you

Ok Good News very Good News

4.6 gh prime 95 3 hours solid temps at 44 45 c

Maybe this time I did it Right :clap::clap::clap:

I only need some one to see the Pictures above is my settings correct ??

also this Tells me I can go to 4.8 not that I Must But It looks Like I can

Personally if I stay At 4.6 I am very happy No BsoD at 4.6gh :bday::bday:

Something isn't right... there is no way you are running 4.6Ghz and running Prime95 (Small FFT) and reaching 45C load temps. None unless you ambient is 10C or something...

VCCSA = CPU SA for you
VCCIO = CPU IO for you
VCCIN is NOT VCCSA.

I was thinking the same thing E_D maybe he has some cores or HT disabled agian. ??

no nothing is disabled all 8 cores prime 95 3 hours @ 4.6 if u dont belive me ill take pictures after work and It is running smooth as hell

Back