• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My second OC'ing project. FX 8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If these G.Skills were 2133 RipjawsX 8-9-8 then it was BBSE kit. I bet you can find some other BBSE cheaper like 2000 9-9-9 ADATA X also in 2x2GB.
If it's for AMD then you can look for 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866 9-9-9. Should make 2000 8-8-8 or something near.
From newer kits anything on double sided Samsung HCH9 or HYK0 will be also good so generally Tridentx or some RipjawsZ at tighter timings ( 1600 CL7, 1866 CL8, 2133 CL9, 2400 CL9/10 ).

Prices for these 2x2GB kits are sick just because they're not available anymore except auctions and new memory is higher density so generally have more relaxed timings what means worse for benching.

8GB modules are pretty bad for benching on AMD or at least I had no luck with any of them when I had FX8120/8320.

Recently I got 2x4GB TridentX 2600 CL10 that probably was RMA replacement but new unpacked with label manufactured in 2012. You just won't get that in the stores anymore as all series have been replaced with new IC so even though I have lot of memory kits around I just couldn't resist. If not shipping costs then you would see me selling RAM more often on classifieds.
Good info Woomack, thank you.

Back