• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My second OC'ing project. FX 8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the info. I am just hoping I can come near some of the scores others get and I don't get the disappointment I did with my 965 trying to get clost to Mandrake on his Super Pi scores with his 955 :) Man that was frustrating.:bang head

Just be careful trying to chase Johan. I almost sent my mobo and CPU up in smoke trying to chase his Cinebench R15 score. I didnt run out of voltage, I hit a thermal limit even after I turned thermal protection off.......

Also if you get cinebench R11.5 to run it may not run R15. If you get R15 to pass two runs then you will have no issues running R11.5.

see now that's something I don't do, I still leve my thermal protection active.

Thanks for the info. I am just hoping I can come near some of the scores others get and I don't get the disappointment I did with my 965 trying to get clost to Mandrake on his Super Pi scores with his 955 :) Man that was frustrating.:bang head

That's not a fair contest, his 955 is posessed by a speed demon of some sort.

Well if you want to get close to some of the scores that have been posted be prepared for 1.7 volts and higher and be ok if you kill your board and CPU.

But wait until winter when it's -16 outside, then open the window or stick the computer outside.

That is how you will set yourself up to get very close to those scores posted. I wouldn't try it until the winter.

You have colder air and water so I had to find more headroom somewhere.

That's still a risky proposition Priller. Even befor my rad and such I let my hardware limit me not the other way around. :screwy:

Agreed. This is a winter project, and I will have a board and CPU for a spare when I go for broke :)

Not a bad Idea having spares. I got this CHV-z for $150 in the classies and still have my Kitten sitting in a box.

I already have my "excuse" ready. My wife has a POS $300 Acer computer from Walmart. I told here it is not going to last much longer so of coarse, the parts will be for her future build ;)

That's still a risky proposition Priller. Even befor my rad and such I let my hardware limit me not the other way around. :screwy:

Yup. I've done some "risky" things in the past and that time I got away with it.

Next winter I am going to try a few things with different fluids that dont freeze at 0C. Before that the DICE pot will go on.

I already have my "excuse" ready. My wife has a POS $300 Acer computer from Walmart. I told here it is not going to last much longer so of coarse, the parts will be for her future build ;)

I know how that works poco, isn't it like one for you, one for me. Two for you and one, two for me. Then somehow you have a new system but at least she geta a better one right?

Yup. I've done some "risky" things in the past and that time I got away with it.

Next winter I am going to try a few things with different fluids that dont freeze at 0C. Before that the DICE pot will go on.

This is going to be fun :popcorn:

That's not a fair contest, his 955 is possessed by a speed demon of some sort.
It's certainly is a good little bugger.

poco242, just remember it's a silicon lottery also. Some components just will not go as far as others no matter how cold or how much voltage you push. If you want a couple of Super Pi's to chase do not chase my top ones. They were on -7c water and I also have a really good set of G.Skill ram I use for benching only. These may be more attainable because I was running win 7, which runs SuperPi slower then Xp and I was running on ambient Air. Additionally, as said above different benches will push harder then others. You should be able to run SuperPi at higher clocks then Cinebench, you also only need 1 or 2 cores running on SuperPi. Also as noted above Cinebench r15 is harder then R11.5.
SuperPi 1m

SuperPi32m

Phenoms have better cores then the Bulldozer/Piledriver you also need to run the bulldozer conditioner if competing is your goal. The conditioner took 3 seconds off my SuperPi 1m at 4.7 it was something like 19.xxx seconds without it and 16.xxx secs with it on.

Holy crap. Your 1m score is better on that 955 than my 8350 at 5ghz. Thanks for depressing me....:rain:

Man I have a lot to learn.

Heaven to mergatroids, now I got to go buy me cell phone that works. Crap crap.

Well at least you know what proggies for benching you now need to go download and can concentrate on getting scores.

By the way, U are going up against RCboyz that been at it for a bit. Plus you are coming off their winter blitz. You will have to do some things to level the playing field. You cannot leave it just tilted in their favor. Hehehe.

No there is little way to compete with mR. CLean's benching ram and it is nearly unobtainium now if you even wanted to buy some. Lots of it was around but lots of it has bit the dust also from pushing so hard and most of that stuff failed after a time like mine did. Shett shett. That is why it is his "benching" ram.

U get scores close to their scores and done on lesser cooling...your rig is doing up to snuff for sure. After all it is all a game. Hehehe. Albeit one we hate to lose.

Used to trail ride dirt bikes with a bunch of guys. One group was about 10 or 11 guys. The second group grew to about 16 or so but added 2 or 3 real hot shoes. 10 years younger than me and had ridden for years against my 2 years.

First group I usually ran second and that second group I was usually about 4th at the end of our banzi runs thru the trails. I had to get over that second is first loser mentality. I was never going to regularly come in first. However when it came time to fix the "first's" bike...well i was the "first" one called. Hehehe. Yeppers, there were things I was first in.

Gonna be a heck of a weekend.
RGone...ster.

Scottie!!! Push her till you see the Rivets moving.
attachment.php
Sir the rivets is vibrating. Scottie, warp it out man.

RGBobert...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzz :bang head:bump::comp:

You should be able to download it from this post http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...SuperPI-x87)&p=5196111&viewfull=1#post5196111

No there is little way to compete with mR. CLean's benching ram and it is nearly unobtainium now if you even wanted to buy some. Lots of it was around but lots of it has bit the dust also from pushing so hard and most of that stuff failed after a time like mine did. Shett shett. That is why it is his "benching" ram.

Yes he's got some nice stuff there for sure Bobert, poco once you have 100 posts you can shop the classies here some of this "good" stuff comes up here and there. I have seen some ram over at XS that sold for 500 euros.

Scottie!!! Push her till you see the Rivets moving. Sir the rivets is vibrating. Scottie, warp it out man.
Bobgonzzzzzzzzzzztor you make me raugh!!!! Good stuff!

May I add poco, Johan and I do a pretty good job at pushing each other when benching on similar platforms, especially this winter. We both will step on the necks of these chips a bit harder when competing against each other. We also share what we find along the way, which when push comes to shove on your end we will help you try to find that last Mhz.

We both will step on the necks of these chips a bit harder when competing against each other. We also share what we find along the way, which when push comes to shove on your end we will help you try to find that last Mhz.

U got that right man. That back and forth is where you learn and get better. Especially when the rigs are very similar. You can get a day by day indicator of your progress and feedback as you push the rivets.

Thanks "manny".
RGone...ster. :thup:

Bobgonzzzzzzzzzzztor you make me raugh!!!! Good stuff!

May I add poco, Johan and I do a pretty good job at pushing each other when benching on similar platforms, especially this winter. We both will step on the necks of these chips a bit harder when competing against each other. We also share what we find along the way, which when push comes to shove on your end we will help you try to find that last Mhz.

U got that right man. That back and forth is where you learn and get better. Especially when the rigs are very similar. You can get a day by day indicator of your progress and feedback as you push the rivets.

Thanks "manny".
RGone...ster. :thup:

That's right were just one big team here at OCF, and how many times did I whine about Manny's magic ram ??:cry:

I need to steal my home office back from my Wife. There is a futon were my computer desk was. The futon is going to find a new home and a benching desk is going to go in. Then I will have the room for all the stuff I want to do. Plus there is a window right there :)

Time to lay down the law.....wish me luck :)

That's right were just one big team here at OCF, and how many times did I whine about Manny's magic ram ??:cry:

Yo Scottie, mount these in the warp discumbobulator. Then we rally shake'em rivets.

Humh! This is some interesting shett cummed up outen duh woodwork from hiding.

http://www.directron.com/996981.html
Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800) Dual Channel Desktop Memory 996981, 7-9-8-24, 1.65V

RGone...ster.

I need to steal my home office back from my Wife. There is a futon were my computer desk was. The futon is going to find a new home and a benching desk is going to go in. Then I will have the room for all the stuff I want to do. Plus there is a window right there :)

Time to lay down the law.....wish me luck :)
My office/Puter room is my only sanctuary left!

Back