• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My second OC'ing project. FX 8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's an Old pic poco , things have changed since then, I now run a big arse loop with what looks like a car radiator but still have a fan under my mobo. Now it has grown to 140 mm since there's ample room under the banchetto. But you're right in your assumption I just taped it rith to the flimsy backplate that cam with my TT 2.0 AIO.

This is my set up now

loop1.jpg

My wife already calls me a computer geek. If I had some sheet like that hanging out the window, she would leave me for sure :)

On another note, I would have a 16" automotive cooling fan on that baby. Really move some air.

And that is not even the latest picture is it? I cannot see the piping on the wall. Hehehe.
Bobert...

Nope you're right on that one RGone, right between the rig and litter bucket there's the Ys that send it off to my 4770K that's on the other side of that desk.

My wife already calls me a computer geek. If I had some sheet like that hanging out the window, she would leave me for sure :)

On another note, I would have a 16" automotive cooling fan on that baby. Really move some air.
2 things poco, eventually they just give in to the fact that you're a bit whacky and second those 140 x9 fans on there pump out nearly 100CFM each when running, that's a lot of air when you add it up.

Really, that I didn't know. Maybe for my next build when the hearing is really shot. :rofl:

I can get the fans cheap. Heck they even run on 12 volts. You will need a PS capable of 20 amps or so. Hang it out the window and let the neighbors listen to it :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 77
Rgone I took your advise. Set the memory to 9-10-9-27. I ran Cinebench 11.5 and did better and Super Pi to 1M and did it faster. With no other changes.

Attachments

• CPUZ 4.PNG
    CPUZ 4.PNG
    32.1 KB · Views: 73
Rgone I took your advise. Set the memory to 9-10-9-27. I ran Cinebench 11.5 and did better and Super Pi to 1M and did it faster. With no other changes.

Man that was fast. Glad it showed more performance for you at no extra costing. Good deal.
RGone...ster.

At that speed those timings are just n0t very likely to fail. Now if you gave it that extra bump on the memory dividier, it would tell the tale for sure. Give the ram at least 1.55 Volts, even 1.6V would not hurt. All we can get is what we want without being foolish.
RGone...

The next memory freq was over 2k. I will try it when I get home from work today. If it won't do it, I may put the G Skill Ares ram I have in it.

The next memory freq was over 2k. I will try it when I get home from work today. If it won't do it, I may put the G Skill Ares ram I have in it.

AH HAH. We may have to converse some more. Hehehe. I am not where I can get in front of my CHV and look at the ram speed breakdown.

If it were not too far over 2K on the ram then no harm, that ram you are using now is supposed to be DDR3-2133. Right? I would hate to loosen it all the way up on timings just do 2K.

I normally have a higher FSB than yourself and a lesser multiplier for exactly the point of the ram divider letting me run in the just short of 2K.

235 to about 239 FSB is what I use to keep my ram just short of DDR3-2040(usually <>DDR3-1990ish) AND keep my tight timings. My Ares 1866 and 2133 will both do that trick and I keep either of them in that "window", I like by using FSB and multiplier to keep the ram there and get cpu speed with the multiplier. It is how " I " do it. Others do similar or slightly different to suit their thinking or needs.
RGone...ster.

That's usually how I start, pick my fsb to suit my ram and NB bus needs :thup:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh be real quiet. I am trying not to let 'poco' know I know any of the "rodeo clowns. Been secretly passing him pics of puters and rads in the snow, but he don't know I am member of the puterRC boys club.

Hehehe.
RGone...ster. :clap::rofl::clap::rofl::clap:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh be real quiet. I am trying not to let 'poco' know I know any of the "rodeo clowns. Been secretly passing him pics of puters and rads in the snow, but he don't know I am member of the puterRC boys club.

Hehehe.
RGone...ster. :clap::rofl::clap::rofl::clap:

K I got it

mum.png

Ran into a big wall. Anything at all over 4.4 got me 2 lazy workers. 1 and 2 forgot how to round properly and gave me an error. I took the CRAPPY LOOSE Sniper memory out and stole the Ares from my Daughters build.

Forgot to add, even at 1.45 vcore and 1.65 memory, I still got the same errors just as fast. Back down to 1.375 and 1.55 now.

So far I am at 4.5 and, knock on wood, fingers crossed, no rounding errors from lazy 1 and lazy 2. Before it did it within a minute, it has been a few now.........

I finally got it to check out at 4.5 ghz. Everything except for 3D Mark 11 did better. That one is tricky. As I said I did change out the memory or G Skill Ares 1866 9-10-9-28. The stats tell the tale-

Attachments

• XLS.PNG
    XLS.PNG
    25.7 KB · Views: 49
  • CPUZ 1.PNG
    CPUZ 1.PNG
    54.2 KB · Views: 50
  • CPUZ 2.PNG
    CPUZ 2.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 50
  • CPUZ 3.PNG
    CPUZ 3.PNG